Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
duizelig

Micrologix 1100 LCD User Input Screen

4 posts in this topic

I have programmed a LCD screen on a Micrologix 1100 to scroll through 4 display screens monitor values then to a user input screen to change the pipe size of a DP tube. I tried several different programming option to try to leave the user input screen without pressing a button on the Micrologix, (changing state of LCD:0.ok, LCD:0.esc, timing the JSR to leave ladder with LCD commands). I timed the LCD out using the LCD:0.to command that takes me back to the default screen. But, I was unable to start the custom display with the program. I had to select user display to start custom displays to cycle again. any ideas, thanks

Sorry, I have only set up one 1100 and its in operation at another plant. I set mine up (User Screen) as follows: 1. Enter Model number? 2. Set Table Height? Yes/No 3. Set Table Drop? Yes/no 4. "Unloader Ready" If the operator wants to change the model # just press "esc" and it goes back to the Model # screen. If he or she chooses "No" (for table height or drop) it just goes into "Run" mode.. (Unloader Ready) Preset values. I didn't need my app. to change my screen back automatically so I didn't try to simulate an esc or ok button press. I'll admit, setting up the screens was a new experience for me and I'm glad I had a unit (at that time) to bench test because I made A LOT of mistakes before I got it right. I'm sure someone in the forum has the answer for you. There are a lot of guys in here WAY smarter than me.

thanks for the reply. I am still working on getting out of the user input screen with the program and not requiring user input. The rotation with no user input works well. I am not sure it is even possible

I am in the same position: can't escape from an LCD input screen via PLC control. Have you had any luck solving this issue. Thanks, Doug