Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETR Automazione srl

FX3U ENET - UDP connection

5 posts in this topic

For exchange data with 3 PLC FX3U ENET i used FX3U ENET modul and i follow the example from the Mitsuibihi site, with an UDP connection. In this mode i have no problem with UDP connection (one PLC it's connected with WLAN) but it's very strange the TCP connection status on the moduls. The first modul, have a GX Developer connection for assistence, but i can't communicated with the modul with this channel, in the same time of UDP. Also another connection with a MAC 405 can't exchange data in the same time UDP. To use GX connection or MAC connection, i must to deleted the UDP channel from the modul. In the second modul, the GX connection sometime it's OK, sometime no, the timeout it's over the second also for the ping test and the connection test for the GX Developer. In this modul i don't have the MAC connection. Another information it's, that i watch the status PLC with GX Developer with TCP (when function) the cycle time it's 64 ms, but if i use the serial port, the cycle time it's 30:32 ms. In the third modul, it's all OK, UDP and TCP, i can test the PLC from WLAN without problem. In the manual the only limit it's for 4 connection MC, non other limit i found. The problem it's not in the hardware beacuse i just exchange the moduls on the other position and the results are the same. It's possibile some problem with the timing ? Bye

Look carefully at the port numbering you are using. I had this same issue with a 2 PLC setup. You may want to be sure to use different port numbers for the connections. Also, be careful how your different GX developer sessions are setup. those settings are per project, not per developer and so you may have the project for two of your plcs trying to use UDP to comminucate instead of TCP. Chuck

hi ... is your Profibus problem from yesterday <no> problem for you anymore? -ie solved?- if yes it would be nice if you could post 'bout what was wrong. If you still hang on that ... i'll post some suggestions in that topic.

In the plant i have 14 station FX3U in ENET connection with a MAC pannel. Every thing it's OK until last month, when i expanded with new function three station FX3U. I need a communication between these PLCs, and from this, become the problem in UDP. In one of this PLC, i have another problem with profibus DP, but there is two different thing UDP anf Profibus... For example in another of these PLC, i have ENET+DP+ASi in the same PLC and without UDP i have no problem with ENET, but in this PLC i don't use slave Pepper so i don't have problem with DP. Bye

The problem it's on the resource of ethernet module in UDP configuration together at profibus DP module. This is the result of test in this week. The other problem is the solution, there isn't. Any other channel, TCP, not UDP, can't work in the same moment with DP Module run. To control PLC with PC, you must to connect in serial connection or USB. To solve this problem, i use TCP in pairing open connection, with a PLC like bridge (only one without DP module) in this configuration, A (bridge) - B and A - C. It's not better solution because without PLC A, the other two systems can't work, but there is no other. In this moment the PLCs work very fast, with SCADA, HMI, remote assistance , but i'm waiting an answer for the reason of UDP problem.