Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chalpa

QJ71C24N Configuration

9 posts in this topic

Hello: I'm trying to receive data using a QJ71C24N module and a Q00J CPU. How can I change the communications parameters without using the GX Configurator-SC? I read the manual and it says that I can configure the Baud Rate, and other ASCII parameters changing the switch settings in the module, but I don't known how to set the operation mode on "reception via receive complete code" or "reception via received data count". My application needs that I check the STX and ETX on each frame in order to known when the communication Start and Finish. I need the GX Configurator to check/change this parameters? How much it cost? It is an alternative method for it? Regards

i didn't use that particular card but you sould be able to make all needed settings by plc code alone. so far profibus card was the only one that did need configurator.

Hi. I use GX IEC Developer, but I'm pretty sure that you have the same possibilities in GX Developer. "Switch Settings" can be found under PLC Parameter -> "I/O assignement" -> "Switch Setting". These are soft-switches, and you can set parameters according to the manual for QJ71C24N. You have 5 soft-switches, and if I remember correct, Switch1/2 are for channel 1, Switch3/4 are for channel 2 (channel 5 are for station numbers if you are using the built-in MC protocol). You cannot set receive (or send) parameters (e.g. EndCode/StartCode, Byte-/Word-Mode, Binary/ASCII mode) in the soft-switches. Look for buffer-memory assignement in the manual, and use TO/FROM instructions to initiate the card during start-up. I think you only need to access 1 or 2 buffer memories to set the card for either fixed length, or StartCode/EndCode.

Hi: The switchs settings are ok, I'm actually receiving data but the PLC get it from the module memory after receiving a certain number of frames an not after the ETX character. I guess it is in character count mode and I looking how to change this setting without using the GX Configurator Thanks for your help

do you have manual SH(NA)080007-K? (can be downloaded from www.meau.com)

yes, I have it, I'm trying to use the z.remfr instruction to get the data from the module but any time i power the instruction the plc goes to fault mode. The Module is installed in the four slot and I'm using: -----[ Z.REMFR "J1" K1 K1 H0 H0A6 D0 K1 M400]-- I'm guessing that it is something about the module position but i can not get it.

Hi. I'm not very familiar with GX Developer (and the instruction you are refering to), however one of the inputs of this instruction should be HeadAddress. Your head address depends on the modules you have in the slots prior to the C24 card and their specific IO points (16bit/32bit......). If you have got the switch settings OK (in the I/O assignement), you can look at the start IO. You probably have something like "0040", "0050", "0060" - this depends on the modules prior to the C24 card. The head address is the same as the start IO address, except for the last number: 0040 = Head Address 4 (H4) 0050 = Head Address 5 (H5) 0060 = Head Address 6 (H6) .......

I just rearrange the PLC modules exactly like it is explained in the Manual SH_NA_080006-M Appendix 9 and any time I turn on the input of the Z.REMFR instruction the PLC faults. I reproduce the system and example exactly like in the manual. Usually this always work, go back to the basics and them start from there but now it is not working. :(

looks like addressing problem. can you post screenshot of your I/O config? Here is an example of one of my projects. Note that Model name and Start XY is filled out although program does not insist on this but it makes easier troubleshooting. One can also enforce different StartXY by changing the address. If this is not filled out on your system, PLC will assign it automatically but one way or another, you need to know what the addresses are. In this example positioning card QD75M4 is in the slot 5 and StartXY is B0. In the Manual they would assume that card is in the slot 0. In other words when you see reference to X0 in the manual, you need to offset it by StartXY or in my case: X0 -> XB0 X1 -> XB1 X2 -> XB2 etc. Y0 -> YB0 Y1 -> YB0 etc. if there is need to read buffer 806, manual would mention instruction like MOV U0\G806 D100 while in my case it would be: MOV UB\G806 D100 (different card position, StartXY is "B0", remove last digit so "B0" -> "B") the alternative is to move the unfamiliar card to slot 0 (or assign address 0 to it)