Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laisf

RS View ME empty Tag Browser

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I need your help here. My working place is using RS Logix5000 and RS View ME. All the while its working fine until one day the RS View ME suddenly stop working. RS Logix 5000 is still working so it's not the controller problem. The error message shown in RS View ME is " System\user does not exist on any server" followed by : " Tag does not exist on any server" " Tag xxx has not been activated" So I contacted the support from Rockwell, checked the communication setup from RS View Studio. The communication setup is fine, able to detect the controller, the problem is, the tag browser is EMPTY, not even the "system" folder. I tried restart the RS Linx Enterprise service, still not able to fix the problem on tag browser, can all of you help me with this please? Beside, is Rs Logix 5000 connect to the controller through RS Linx Classic and RS View ME connect through RS Linx Enterprise? Thanks very much!

How was this verified, through RS linx or through the communications Setup in RSview Studio? I would go to RS view Studio...Scroll down on the left panel Explorer to RSlinx Enterprise ---and double click on Communicarion Setup---With that open, you should have a Device Shortcut defined on the left side...Check that and get back to me...

anytime you save the RS5000 plc program to a different name you need to update the RSlinx Enterprise, Communicarion Setup. The reason being is the tags are assigned to that plc name and if you change the name of the plc then the tags can communicate with the new name. this FYI. Did you change the name of the exsisting PLC?

Hi, do you mean that the project file in RS Logix5000 will affect the connection of Rs Linx enterprise with Rs View me? May I know how to change the plc name? Because I had delete and recreate the shortcuts, and also del the components on the the right of the communication setup, and the start browsing to add in the controller, would you mind to tell me the details on how to make sure the name of the plc and tag are the same? Thanks alot!! Edited by laisf

In your first image posted verify offline tag file is the current plc. Click browse and reselect the plc program being used. Also double check your RSLinx Enterprise. Once you double click on Enterprise, you need to verify that the offline tag, and the 2 other boxes are up to date with the correct plc. What I meant before is did you save the plc as a different name than what it was before you started? Also local and target should be identical, did you copy from local to target? Edited by CoolBreeze

My coworker has this exact same problem. Rockwell advised him to REFORMAT HIS COMPUTER! What kind of answer is that!? Please, if you do fix it somehow, let us know what you did!

Hi, do your coworker solve the problem after reformatting computer? How about the activation files? Of course I hope this problem can be solve asap, pls let me know too when your coworker solved this

It looks like that when you highlighted CLX in your second picture that there is an extra space after the CLX. Have you tried deleting the CLX and replacing it with a new CLX or how about a different name altogether? I'm fetching now probably. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...p?p_faqid=34319 Fuzzy Logic posted this on a different post but I used it for no Comm. ability but try it maybe it will fix your problem too, sometimes AB is just voo-doo. There have been plenty of times that I would try to read/write to an eni module and i could spend 2 hrs trying, walk away for 2-3 minutes and retry it and it would read/write (VOO-DOO). Edited by CoolBreeze

Hi thanks! I did that before by the support team, deleted the short cut and recreate it, with its original name or other name, but it still didnt work out. I tried out the technote too, but still cant browse any tag from my controller. "Link to Aid 33825 includes a Zip file to re-register several .dll file. " > I can't access to this from the technote, I do not have techconnect support Still thanks alot CoolBreeze! This problem been persist for half year already, I desperately need help oh pleaseeeeee

He didn't reformat, that is unacceptable. He still has the problem and Rockwell still has no clue. They even sent out a tech to our site to look at it and he couldn't fix it.

Welcome to the world of Rockwell software. I've had similar issues with RsView ME and try to avoid it if I can. I gave up on getting the tag browser to work and it's not really needed anyway. ME started poping up with a message saying it can't find RSLogix500 and that it needs to install it despite RSLogix 500 working as good as it ever has. I exported all my PLC tags to excel then added a column with a formula to format the tag for ME then I copy and paste that into ME. ="{::[PLC]"&B2&"}" Tech support said I needed to uninstall ALL Rockwell software and reinstall; no thanks. I think that is there default response after rebooting the computer doesn't help. Rockwell needs to start inproving the quality of their software or they will start losing their loyal customers. Companies are going to wake up and realize there are more than one PLC,PAC,HMI vendor to choose from. Until AB comes out with a new HMI series I would look at 3rd party HMIs there are plenty to choose from that offer supieriour products at lower prices both in terms of hardware and software. That is if you have a choice. Wulfgar

I didn't notice in the posts earlier, Have you tried going to RS Linx Classic Gateway.

Do a search for the "Rockwell rant" I think there were a lot others who feel your pain...