Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ajesh

Export Taglist

2 posts in this topic

Hi All, I want to integrate Siemens PLC with wonderware for that i need the I/O list of the PLC. Is their any way to get the PLC taglist exported in CSV format. If so please let me know. We are using S7-300 and S7-400 plc. I want to export tags from simatic manager. Program is in STL. IF i double click on symbol we can get the list of data .But i want to know is their anyway to export the taglist to CSV. Thanks in advance.....

If you open the tag list, select it all, copy, open excel or it's open office equivilent, paste, and you will have your tag data on the spreadsheet. Then you manipulate the columns to get rid of the stuff you dont need and format the stuff you do need to suit wonderware. You can even move columns around. Spreadsheets lend themselves to manipulating this sort of data. When you have the data in the right format save as a .csv ready for import into wonderware. Do a small section to start with, you will get the idea, and then when you are happy with the results do the whole tag list. It's actually quite easy! There may be other ways of doing this task......