Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fmouse

What software will open .pkl GE Fanuc file?

4 posts in this topic

Hello All, I enjoy reading all the posts on the PLC Forum. I have a question about some GE Fanuc software. We have some Husky GPET injection machines that use the GE Fanuc 90-30 351 PLC. The software that the OEM sent with the machines has 3 different types of file extensions. The types are .pkc, .pkl, and .pkr. The .pkl must be the main file as it is quite a bit larger (364K) compared to the others - (1K & 7K). Can anyone tell me what software I need to open these .pkl files? I found a DOS version of LM90, but it doesn't seem to know what this file is. I would like to print a hard copy of the program for reference. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Those are the file extensions for the backup. Logicmaster includes a pair of utilities called pkzip and pkunzip for compressing backup files. Create a project folder using Logicmaster. Then make a backup of the folder. You will notice that the backup files are located in a directory called "Backup" beneath you project directory. Now copy the .pkr,.pkl, and .pkc files into this backup directory, overwriting the ones that are already there. Next, open the folder with Logicmaster and follow the "restore" procedure under the "folders" menu.
3 people like this

Thanks for the information Steve. I'll give it try. I'm not familiar with the GE family.
2 people like this

If you have problems, contact me via private message through this site and I'll give you contact details. You can email the backup files to me and I can restore from them. I'll send you back the restored folder as well as .txt file of the logic.
3 people like this