Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jonnie75

1784-kt card

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can get the 62 pin D shell male connector that connects to an Allen Bradley 1784-Kt card? I am just wanting the connector to make up my own cable. I have seen where I can purchase the entire cable assy. for $225. Is a connector of this type a typical computer connector or is this a proprietary product of Allen Bradley? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

If my memory serves me, Digi-Key in Minnesota was about the only place I could find these connectors.  Give 'em a look at www.digikey.com

I cannot explain what went through the minds of the KT card's creators.... "let's be really sure nobody, but NOBODY can ever build a cable for this...." You could get down to $130 by buying the 1784-CP8 adapter.  It's a big molded plastic triangle that connects pins 34,35,36 (the DH+ pins) to a 3-pin Phoenix connector like on the PLC-5 or SLC-5/04. Digi-Key was the supplier, but for the life of me I've never been able to find the part number.

Thanks for the input, I will give Digi-Key a try and see what they can come up with. If I find anything I will post it.

you might want to try www.alliedelec.com and search for their part numbers: 720-7912 810-6052 the catalog is a little fuzzy on whether you get a hood with it or not - so I'd ask before I ordered. Warning: I'm not 100% sure that either of these are really what you need, but (based on the catalog description) they look right to me. Good luck.