Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pro17

CJ1 / CS1: Analog Inputs Pt100, TC, ...

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to do a HVAC application with CJ1 PLC, but have old peripheral sensors allready installed: Siemens (Landis&Gyr) QAM ... etc Some CJ1 thermocouple input units (PTS15) or universal input units (AD04U) can use Pt100, and ThermoCouple sensors. It states I can connect K, J, T, L, R, S, B thermocouples and/or Pt100, Pt1000, JPt100 inputs. Sensors that are used in this HVAC is LG-Ni1000 or T1(PTC)! Has anyone used this "old" sensors with Omron Input units? Maybe I will need a multiplexer to connect several sensors into one input - any suggestions? Has anyone used any converters LG-Ni1000 to 4..20mA or 0..10V? Best regards, Jinx P.S. Universal Input unit CJ1W-AD04U (4*I,U or TC inputs) costs around 40% less than CJ1W-PTS51 (only 4*TC inputs), and 65% less off PTS15 (2*TC inputs) Edited by pro17

Ii would use a standard alanogue inputs card with either temp to 4-20mA tranducers or as u sugessted a multiplexer switched and controled by the PLC ... the second option probably been more cost effective.

Hi, Do you have consided the TS561 (thermocouple) or TS562 (resistance thermometer) cards? They are fine to do basic applications and have 6 inputs each.

Hi Sleepy Wombat, could you please suggest suitable multiplexer? After further investigation I found out LG-Ni1000 is not a thermocouple. It is RTD - resistor temperature detector, which changes resistence according to the temperature, like Pt100 does. look at this link: http://www.siemens.co.kr/bt/erp/erpmenus/p...les/QAM2120.pdf Edited by pro17