Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carol

Magelis

6 posts in this topic

Hi, how should I declare variables in Vijeo-Designer for an Omron CJ1M? The HMI will be connected to the mini-peripheral port. I thought I must use Sysmac FINS (SIO) - CS1 Link (See 1driver.jpg) When I want to declare a new variable, I must choose from a list (see 2address.jpg) I don't know what all these letters stand for, so if anyone have some pointers for me, Carol Edited by Carol

The letters stand for the various memory areas of the Omron CPU. These are the same areas that are defined for your variables in the symbol list with CX-Programmer. W=Work Area > Commonly used for local variables A=Auxilary Area > Commonly used for CPU diagnostic data, clock, scan time, error flags etc H=Holding Area > Commonly used for bit-accessible data that needs to retain value on power cycle T= Timer flags/PV C= Counter flags/PV D= Data Memory Area > Word oriented data, retains value on power cycle E0-E9/EA-EC > Extended Memory banks TK= not sure IR = Internal Relay > Usually for physical digital and analog I/O as well as internal variables DR= not sure Hope this helps!

Hi PDL, thanx for the explanation. We're using for the discrete signals addresses up from 50.00. These are called "IO-bit" by Omron, but they aren't in the display variable list. On the other hand in the display variable list is a type "IR" and this isn't to find in the Omron list. Is it save to assume that the right choice would be "....", because there's a "W" in both lists? Making any sense...? Carol

Hi Carol, Discrete input area for CJ1M series is called CIO (Common Input Output) area, also referred to as IR (Internal Relay) area for other series like CQM1H, C200. I think you can be sure these two types are the same. Of course W area will work too.

Hi Pdl, IR = Index Register DR = Data Register. These are used for any 'indirect addressing' & Table data processing instructions. Can be quite useful when using For/Next loops/table data instructions etc.

Thanks for the correction Scott! It is strange the driver doesn't offer CIO area.