Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoubleL

16#0004 Connection Request Error:Bad Segment

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I am having a problem with my ControlNet. I tried to add another module to the PLC program and schedule it. It didn't work the first time so I deleted the module and tried again. This time everything on the ControlNet stopped communicating and I get an error 16#0004 Connection Request Error: Bad segment on the CNB card. Any ideas? I've tried everything that I could think of. I am using a ControlLogix 5561 processor with a 1756 CNB/E controlnet card. I have several 1794 ANC15's (one of which I was trying to add) and several PowerFlex drives on the network. Thanks, DoubleL

Code String Explanation and Possible Causes/Solutions 16#0004 Connection Request Error: Bad Segment The controller is attempting to make a connection to the module and has received an error.§ Call Technical Support says to call technical support? Sounds like your dead in the water on this error. Go here check your firmware/software level http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/firmware.html You did not say what Release or version you were on for RSLogix5000 and RsNetworx? 1 Just make sure that whatever hardware software using is on the same CPR level. 2 Do you see the new hardware under RsLinx? What is the firmware version of the new hardware? 3 Does the new hardware schedule in an offline configuration under RsNetworx? Do you know how to do this? Go here check this video out to run offline http://www.rockwellautomation.com/knowledgebase/ and search for ID 54793 4 Now that it can schedule under offline, do you know how to schedule online? Do you have a procedure? What is it? Is it full proof? What parameters on schedule did you get?

It sounds to me like there's something corrupted in the RSNetworx for ControlNet file. Probably something went wrong with the correlation between RSLogix 5000 (where you added the new adapter) and RSNetworx. I would attempt to solve this by doing the following: 1. Delete the RSNetworx for ControlNet project file for this network. 2. Build a new RSNetworx for ControlNet project file using the requested connections in RSLogix 5000 by navigating to the RSNetworx file tab and forcing the software to rebuild a new *.XC file for the network. 3. Use the Clear Keeper utility or the SCIA Editor to reset all the 1756-CNB's in the network. 4. Re-download the ControlNet configuration to the network.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies. Shortly after I had posted I realized that I had the wrong version of RSNetworx for use with RSLogix 5000 V17. I had v8 instead of v9. I downloaded the new version and problem solved. Thanks Again