Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bly

help an oldie

4 posts in this topic

Could any of u learned ppl please help with some issues i have i am an older elecrtical engineer and have came accross a few instances where i have had to deal with ladder diagrams so i am currently trying to teach myself basic programming skills using ladder logic, my main problems are 1, move symbol ,values 2, bit , byte ect. any help greatly appreciated tia billy

Hello; The subject is extensive, and we can only help you by answering precise questions and examining your own code. One thing you can do to look up your own answeras is to hook up to as good tutorial on PLCs. I can suggest plcs.net or the tutorials available on this site as a starter. Hope this helps, Daniel Chartier

Somewhere on this site is an excellent tutorial. It's acutally a complete college curriculum, from a guy named Hugh Jack. I've read this book and it's been really informative. I've been doing PLCs for 7 years, but I still think that his book did a good job of starting at te absolute basics and going up from there. Check in the downloads section.

Here is the link to Hugh Jacks book: Hugh Jack's Book