Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthanhcanh

CPM1A Peripheral port Pin Layout

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to know pin layout of CPM1A peripheral port. Exactly, where is pin no.1 and so on to pin no.20? Please help! Thanks.

If I am not mistaken... all the C Series peripheral ports are the same. Here is a link with some CQM1 info. CQM1-CIF01/02 Diagram Here is another post a forum search returned. I personally, have not hacked the peripheral port so I don't know how accurate the info is. To connect CPM1 to PC without using CPM1-CIF01, Omron CPM1 Good luck.

Thank IO_Rack for the help quickly. But really I want to know pin layout include physical image of this connector. This connector has one long edge and one short edge but I don't know where is begin pin (pin no.1). I want to use this connector (female connector) to make a cable to connect to H8PS-16BFP output. I cannot order a brand cable because delivery time is too long.

I found the post I was originally searching for. C200H-CN222 (C200H-CN422) programming cable, I need the wiring diagram. If this is not what you are looking for then I'm afraid I wont be able to help. Your request reminded me of the above post. When I searched for it this morning I could not find it but found the others I posted. I hope this is it. Good luck.

Dear IO_Rack, The diagram shows exactly PLC peripheral port but after I look up in H8PS manual, I confuse if this diagram can apply for cable with part number Y92S-41-200. So if you have a cable diagram of Y92S-41-200 (for H8PS-16BFP), it's so good.

OK, I understand now. You need the pin out for CN1 and/or CN2 of the HP8S output connector. I was unaware the connector is the same as the C series peripheral. You are correct that the manual does not show the pin designations of the connector side of the cable. I'm sorry that I do not have this information nor do I have a cable to test for you. We do have forum members here with some extraordinary Omron information. If you are lucky then maybe one of them will read this and post the information. Good luck to you.

Vs, COM and outputs 1 through 8 are available by the terminals on the HP8S unit. If they indeed the same internal connection to the output connector then you could use an Ohm meter to identify these points. From here you could test the unit to find the remaining outputs. You need to be absolutely sure which pins are Vs and COM so you do not damage the unit. Only try this if you are comfortable doing so.

Thanks for your help, IO_Rack. Making this cable is difficult and not sure the equipment will not be damaged because I don't have CN1 diagram. So I must accept to order the cable with delivery time about 6 wks.