Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haresh Mali

communication problem with GE fanuc 90-30 system.

9 posts in this topic

hi, i m new to this form, plz help me. i am finding problem in communication with GEFanuc 9030, CPU350. getting the error massage " PLC port can not opended." i m using SNP connector of the power supply PWR331. the connecting cable is USB to serial converter and after DB female to DB 15 male converter cable. i m using the same cable on the other 90-30 system with same cpu and cable works OK. help me on this.

Hi , I was having this problems with versamax CPU last year . When i tried to connect CUP "PLC port can not opended." MSG was there. I my restarted laptop as it is without any change in setup. And it worked well. Else if you have Program BackUP file with you. You can remove battery, Palce it again and try to Communicate (This willdefinately Work) Thanks Tushar

If the same cable works on other PLCs, then the 5VDC supply for the converter may have failed. Check for the presence of 5VDC between pins 5 and 7 on the power supply port.

thanks steve, i have check the DC voltage between pin 5 & 7 on the power module 15 pin connector. it shows 4.80 V dc. here is the cable pin config that i m using DB 9 (Female) DB 15 (male) pin 2 (db9) <-------------------------------------------------> pin 12 (db15) pin 3 (db9) <-------------------------------------------------> pin 10(db15) pin 5 (db9) <-------------------------------------------------> pin 7 (db15) sort links pin 7 (db9) <-------------------------------------------------> pin 8 (db9) pin 6 (db15)<-------------------------------------------------> pin 15 (db15) pin 8 (db15)<-------------------------------------------------> pin 14 (db15) any changes in cable required ? plz revert beck me. Edited by Haresh Mali

hi steve & tushar, thanks for the feedbeck. at last, i have inter change the CPU with the other running system (done the reprogramming) which is now running well. and the running CPU gives the same problem on the faulty system. now it looks like problem with the base plate, but a bit confused that OK led is glowing. is it possible that hardware fault is present in the system and OK LED available. plz put knowledge light on this matter.

It could be either the baseplate or the power supply. If you have expansion I/O racks in your system it is easy to exchange power supplies to test that possibility.

yes have expansion I/O rack system and checked the power module (inter change with running system)which found OK. but second module also gives the same problem on fault system. now the condition is like, my system is in READY state (READY LED available on power supply), but i m not able to communicate through 15 pin connector on power supply. so my HMI is not communicating with PLC (HMI connects through power supply port). in my system one CMM311 module is available unused. is it possible to run HMI on CMM311 ? (without changing any program) HMI has 15 pin male connector.

Yes, your HMI can communicate through the CMM311 module. Check your hardware configuration to make sure the CMM311 port you're going to use is set up for SNP protocol at the correct baud rate, parity, etc.

thanks Steve and other friends for your support. my all problem get solved after changing the 10-slot base plate. now i can communicate through power module and CMM 311 module. but still confusion, why PLC not showing the hardware fault. it shows all H/w OK. bye the way again thanks a lot to Steve and other friends.