Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Making histogram with VBScript

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I known in RSLogix5 you can making a histogram and save it in a text-file. Is this also possible in WinCC flexible using VB-script? I want to make a histogram from 6 boolean inputs for 10 sec. long when I pressed a button and save it in a *.txt or *.csv file on my harddisk using WinCC Runtime. Any idea to do this? mulderm

Yes. I have an Excel Workbook that that let's you generate Timing-Diagrams (Histograms) from real-time data. Let me know if you are still interested.

Hi mulderm. Yes, it can be done in VBS, provided you dont try to log too often. Less than every second, I say no can do. Every 1-2 seconds, maybe yes. Every 3 seconds and up no problem. I can find some info on how to do it with VBS if you insist. If you need to log values between 0.5-2 seconds, you should use the archiving function. It costs an archiving license, but that is how it is. edit: For logging data below 0.5 seconds, then you should use the PLC as the datalogger. You can then come down to for example every 20 msec. In WinCC Flex you can display the logged values as a "buffered" trend. edit again: If you need to log values as accurately as they change in the PLC, but for a very long time, then there is a comercial product (called AutoSpy I think). It uses the PLC as the logger, combined by continous upload and storage of the logged values. Edited by JesperMP

JesperMP, This option is what I want: edit: For logging data below 0.5 seconds, then you should use the PLC as the datalogger. You can then come down to for example every 20 msec. In WinCC Flex you can display the logged values as a "buffered" trend. Because I have 6 inputs (proximity switches) what will detect cams on a motor-axis. So I will see this in a histogram in about 10 sec by WinCC Flex (buffered trend?) Do you have a sample S7-300 program for this? Greetings, mulderm

Hi again mulderm. I just found something that may be a problem. In Flex, a buffered trend can only display an array of INTs, BOOLs are not possible. It is possible to log the proximitor sensors as INTs, but it will eat some memory. For 100 msec cycle within 20 seconds, you need 1200 Words = 2.4 kB. If that is not too much I could send you a sample project. PM me you email. edit: Also, the amount of data to transfer to display the trends, means it will take a long time to display, or you need a fast connection (=ethernet via onboard CPU interface). Edited by JesperMP

Hi again. It just dawned on me, that an alternative could be to let the PLC log the sensors as BOOLs, and then write a VBS script in Flexible to log all the values in a CSV file. In that way it will not take up so much memory. And you get the data in a file that you can view in Excel for example. Which one do you prefer ?

I do this on some of my projects as well. I buffer trend the data from the plc then I have a script that pulls all the values at once and saves them to a file. I collect the data with a SCL program in the plc. I am showing analog values however I would like to come up with a good idea on how to show digital i/o. I thought about just using int's making them 1 & 0 however with WinCC flex you can only have 8 pins so you can't show much at a time. If anyone has any good ideas to display bool values in a trend I would love to hear them.

I have made a sample project for mulderm with exactly that solution. However, I stagger the trends so that they display neatly. Trend 1 = 0-1, trend 2 = 2-3, trend 3 =4-5 etc.For more than 8 pens, you can make more several trend displays in one screen.