Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
botty1006

CC-link help

7 posts in this topic

Hi thanks for your answers regarding my question with fx2m-20gm positioning module i now have mitsubishi investigating as it appears to be bit of a mystery with the tech guys they put me onto. anyway i have now been asked to continue with another part of our project which is quite simple just making some timer values changable on the hmi, however the production line consists of 4 plc's connected via cc-link and the timers we need to change are not on the plc with the hmi so i need to send the data over the cc-link. I read through the manuals and am struggling send 2 sets of data to 1 slave unit. I know i have enough space as i am only sending 8 words and there is space for 16 (slave is a 32ccl) does anyone know if this is possible as this is my first time dealing with any kind of network i;m getting a little confused i think i understand the addressing in the master but not sure how to access this from the slave. the instructions in the master to the slave i require are from k0 h0e8 k4m1064 k4 from k0 h2f0 d1016 k8 to k0 h168 k4m2064 k4 to k0 h1e8 d2008 k8 and in the slave m8000 from k1 k25 k4m50 k1 m57 from k1 k0 k4m2064 k4 from k1 k8 d2008 k8 m57 to k1 k0 k4m1064 k4 to k1 k8 d1008 k8 I have tried the following code master to k0 h1f8 d1024 k5 the hex value for the RWw register doesn;t follow on as h1f7 is for another slaves data slave from k1 k16 d1024 k5 which obviously doesn't work. i don't really undersatnd how the slaves reference the data from the master as all the slaves reference k8, which from what i can make out from the manuals is start bfm for the data registers Thanks for reading all my rambling hopefully it makes enough sense for someone to offer some help. Thanks again in advance as any help is greatly appreciated!

If you change the number of stations occupied by a slave, then all the other slaves after it need to go up as well. So if it is set to take up 2 stations (8 words), and then you make it 3 or 4, the station numbers need to change and then this module will occupy one more station number in sequence from its starting point. The FX master is limited in the number of stations it can control. It's not a full CC-Link 64 stations like the Q Series is.

Thanks crossbow that was a big help. I re-addressed the slave cards both in the software and on the slaves physically and reference my data in the master. I managed to get everything working apart from the last slave(now station 7) will only send data. I'm not really sure why i used the manual confirm i had the addresses for each station correct and i must be correct or it wouldn;t be sending it. Its possible the unit is faulty as they didn;t really do much before or have i missed something stupid?? Thanks again

Units defintitly not faulty i swapped the addresses over and used it with a prog i know works and it was sending and recieving. I;ve been over and over again my addressing and know i'm definitly writing to the station 7 area i think its h1f8. Could it not be working because i have not used all the registers in the previous station? Thanks Tim

It's very typical that a station does not use all the addresses assigned to it. I am not sure why you are not seeing both directions of communications to that last module. Can you tell us what the modules are, and how they are configured, in order from the master out?

i don;t have the prog in front of me now but i'll try to remember as best as i can The master is an fx2n 16ccl-m and there are 3 slaves all fx2n 32ccl the master is set to station 0 the first slave is station 1 occupying 2 channels the second is station 3 occupying 4 channels and the last is wherei have the problem station 7 occupying 4 channels in the master prog the modules are configured into by writing h1201 into bfm h20, h1403 into bfm h21 h1407 into bfm h22 [to k0 h172 k4m2128 k4] [to k0 h1f8 d2016 k8] [to k0 h200 d1032 k8] the code is the slave is [from k1 k0 k4m2128 k4] [from k1 k8 d2016 k8] from k1 k16 d1032 k8] there is 1bfm i'm not sure about which h3 which is the number of automatic return modules its is still set to k3 as it was before as assume this just means the no. of modules thats will return data aswell as recieve. as i have written this i've just noticed an error where i have written [t0 k0 h172 k4m2128 k4] i should be writing [to ko h16c k4m2128 k4]. would this effect all of the data as i'm sure the addresses h1f8 and h200 are correct???? Thanks Tim

oops [to k1 h16c k4m2128 k4] anyway i now it talking both ways but not on the [to k0 h200 d1032 k8] my hex isn't brilliant but i;m sure this is what would follow on from h1ff?