Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indra

SIMATIC S7

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I have SIMATIC S7 Ver 5.3 with LICENCE. At the moment, when I use it for connect online with my another CPU SIMATIC S7, there is error message about "HW-UPDATE". So, if I open the file , there is always appear this error and I can't open the program LADDER diagram PLC. Does any one knows, how to solve this problem ? maybe anyone knows there is FILES that I can download and installed to my existing version of SIMATIC S7, to eliminate this error and to open the program. I enclosed the error message display. Regards, INDRA error2_STEP7.bmp error_STEP7.bmp

I think you will need to upgrade to V5.4, There will be some feature/hardware that is used that is not present in V5.3 but is in a later version. Some while ago I was told it is possible to upgrade the hardware catalog with out ugrading the version of S7, to support the latest hardware, this came from an engineer with in Siemens, but we never had to try it as we upgraded anyway.

First, try to update hardware from S7 software & connect to internet directly. I found steps how to update, here : http://anekalistrik.blogspot.com/2008/12/s...are-update.html If can't, then you must upgrade your S7 to newest version

Your CPU version in simatic not match with CPU version is older. You must download HW-Update from website siemens then you update your hw-config.

Hi, Everyone, Thank you for all your info. Actually, I know that I have connect to internet for UPDATE but the problem is that my existing software S7 also install to my another notebook that I want to use for OFFLINE and this notebook can't connect to internet. So, I need the file for UPDATE HW that I can save in DISK then from this disk I can use for UPDATE in my another notebook. Is it possible to save the file UPDATE HW in one disk or CD ?? INDRA

Yes, you can copy hw update from one pc to another, but the version of S7 should be same. (Is it legal ?? ) If not same, some hw can't update on other pc. But you still must connect to internet for update the newest hardware. http://anekalistrik.blogspot.com

Yes, you can. i ever try for update simatic ver. 5.3 with hwupdate newest. it's ok no problem. It's legal, because not need license. Hw update only add new library in your simatic.

Hi, When ever u do an hardware update, there is a default path which step7 stores these updates. U may also change this path any time. Just copy this folder & paste the same in any of the notebooks. When u do the h/w update make sure that step7 points to the folder which u have pasted to. Gud luk.. Regards Nil