Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rs Logix 500 question

5 posts in this topic

Is there any way you can change the address on an instruction and the description stay with it, for instance (I:1.0/1 system enabled) change I:1.0/1 to I:1.0/2 and the description system enabled go to I:1.0/2

If it was me. I would do a CSV export of your program. DATABASE TOOLS>EXPORT>CSV Then open the CSV file in MS Excel. Move stuff around. Save it. DATABASE TOOLS>IMPORT>CSV Over write all...done...

You can to a copy and replace, just make sure you check the move descriptors.

There are a couple of options. You can go to the Address/Symbol editor and change the address on the symbol/description to something else. This, however, leaves the old address in the code but the description is gone. There is a replace tool found under the search menu item that will allow you to replace the addresses and/or symbols throughout the code. It is a very handy tool and it the way I would make a global change. Just select the options you want to occurr during the replace. You may need to try out the utility a couple of times to get familar with it. Good Luck!

Also you can move addresses, comments, forces, etc. if you chose to drag module from one slot to another.