Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jthornton

Rslogix quick keys

5 posts in this topic

I am using RSLogix 500 Starter Version 4.5.00 I can not get the quick keys to work. I am in a ladder window and am offline. When I press Ctrl E nothing happens. Quick Keys is greyed out on the menu. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work??? TIA

By default. "E" is not mapped to anything in my version. (I don't use Quick Keys) CTRL-E is suppose to toggle Quick Keys on or off. (look at the text below on how the RS Logix help file says to toggle Quick Keys on or off) If your Quick Keys menu is greyed out, that must not be a feature AB turns on in the starter kit. I bet "Ken Roach" would know if the starter kit supports Quick Keys out of the box. Here is a clip from the help file if that will guide you. It could be that you don't have the ladder side "ACTIVE" just as the help file says. BEGIN HELP FILE: To make your programming tasks faster, RSLogix 500 lets you map any available alphabetic key (A-Z) on your computer keyboard to a ladder logic programming instruction. Make sure you have a ladder window opened and active (click cursor inside the ladder window) or you will not be able to select key mapping. Assigning Quick Keys 1 Select View > Properties to get the Options window. 2 Click the Quick Key Mapping tab. 3 Double-click in the Instruction column wherever the word Free is displayed.  This calls up a drop-down list box of instructions that you can assign to the Alphabetic key named in the Key column.  You can also reassign an existing quick key by just double-clicking its current instruction association and choosing another from the drop-down list box. 4 Click Apply to accept your selection and remain in the Quick Key Mapping dialog, or click OK to accept you selection and exit the dialog. Using Quick Keys 1 Click a rung number in the ladder window to insert your logic rungs before. 2 Select Edit > Quick Key Mode or Click [Ctrl-E].  This inserts an empty rung into your program and places the software in Quick Key Mode. 3 Type the alphabetic quick keys that you have assigned to instructions.  The instructions will be placed on the rung in the order that you type their quick key assignments. What's on the Dialog? Three columns of information appear on the dialog: Key This lists the alphabetic keys (A-Z) on your keyboard.  This is the quick key that you will click whenever you want to enter an instruction, providing an instruction has been assigned to the key. Instruction Double-click in this column to get a drop-down list box of instructions.  Choose any one of the instructions in the list box to assign it to the Alphabetic key named in the Key column.   If no assignment is made, the word Free appears here. Description This column provides a description of the instruction assigned to the alphabetic key.  If no assignment is made, the words Undefined Key Map appear here. RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000 END HELP FILE:

The ladder is active and quick keys are suppost to work as per AB..... Thanks

Makes me wonder as I stated earlier, that maybe the "starter" version is missing some features.....hmmm..... Found a PDF that says quick keys should work for Starter kit. I dunno, if I was you, I'd call my AB rep or tech support to see what's up. Of course this PDF shows a matrix for verion 5.2... http://www.software.rockwell.com/download/logic/rslogix/r5matrix.pdf

I called my AB rep and he didn't even know that there was any quick keys.... His worked so it blew his mind as to why mine didn't work.... John