Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest btbrewer

System Tray Icon

4 posts in this topic

I have Step 7 Simatic Manager installed on my PC. I usually use AB PLCs, but occaissionally work with Siemens. When I installed the software some months ago, it put a hammer icon (Simatic Workstation) in my system tray. How can I get rid of it without uninstalling the whole package? I am using Win2k if it matters. Thanks, Btbrewer

Check to see if it starts in the: START>PROGRAMS>STARTUP folder If it does, right click on it and press delete from the STARTUP folder in your menu. If not, right click on the icon and see if it has some properties like "Start this program at Windows startup" If not, click on START>RUN type msconfig look for the program in there and disable it.

Thanks, but I checked the startup folder under every profile and it isn't there. Right clicking doesn't show anything. Double clicking will launch the app, right clicking does nothing. When I type msconfig at the command line I get "cannot find the file msconfig..." ????

Msconfig isent installed in win2000 but it will work if you copy it from ex a WinXP station. The task you are looking for is called "S7ubTstx.exe" and is started throw the registry. Start regedit and do a search for S7ubTstx. When you find a folder called run and a value with S7ubTstx just delete it. Edited by Klaus