Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

GRT-ID4 - counting allocation flag

4 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have GRT1-DRT with Node No5 The second smartslice unit is GRT1-ID4-1 I set counter for input no. 3 which should set some flag in master when it counted my value. I have problem to find out the allocation of this bit in master. Thanks for some clue Pawel

Recently I read manual W455 and from page 43 there is a chapter about two status areas. Warning status area bit 9 - I guess that this bit is set when f.e. my input reaches 800 times switching. Do I guess correct? For one unit I have one warning status area - does it mean that I can monitor only one input from each unit. The most important question - where is allocated warning status area in master memory? Pawel Edited by pszczepan

Pawel What you are looking at is the maintenance information for the device. It is intended to help maintenance personnel decide when to do preventive maintenance on a machine or component. This maintenance information is not passed back to the PLC via Bit Stobed IO. The maintenance information is only available via Explicit Messaging, usually from CX Integrator or NS touchscreen. You could use explicit messaging from the PLC to determine when the count value has been reached, but it is much easier to simply do the counting in the PLC.

Thanks for answer. I wanted to use it because I afraid of loosing some signals. Right now I have communication cycle time around 14ms. Signal comes from energy meter which has a build-in contact which switch it ON for a moment and every 800 pulses it has 1 KWh. I wanted to count this pulses in GRT1-ID4 and when it reaches 800 pulses I get some flag in master and simply I count it and reset it and I wait till next flag is set ( another 800 pulses counted). It was my idea - only idea I cannot use it. Any other idea how I can arrange it - I know I could use high speed counter, but this signal is not so fast and GRT1-ID4 counts correct, but I do not know what happens if communication cycle time is to long. I wanted to do something in between. I will try with ID4 and see if it is enough fast Edited by pszczepan