Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcbent

CQM1 cpu 21 cx programmer 6.1 syswin 3.4

34 posts in this topic

hello nice forum you guys have here im making a program fore a pellet burner and solar system maybee some have good hints about the cofiguration betveen the cx supervisor and cx programmer "with the plc omron cqm1" im working on a program that alow me to control a pellet burner and a solar system these are acumulated in a storage tank with some sencors and DTO for cutting of power to the pellet burner hope you could help me i would be glad if i could make some registration i a data base with heat pellets burner solar heat kg burned in the burner energy storage in the tank etc etc if you could make some screen dumbs it would be very nice ihave problems connecting with the plc what should the dip switches stand on i have tried to connect a cqm1 cpu 21 with the pc through the rs232 port but when i will communicate with the plc "connecting" i get this message Error "Received header too short" please help what am i doing wrong

For CQM1 or CQM1H PLCs communications DIP Switch 5 = ON 9600, 7, E,2, Host Link Address 0 (if CQM1 was made before 1996, then it is 2400, 7,E,2 Host Link address 0) DIP Switch 5 = OFF The internal software set serial port configuration is used. Make sure you have the correct com port selected. you could try hyper terminal or other app to send a test host link string @00TS123443*<CR> <CR> = carridge return. You should get back the same string.

what is the other dip switches for what do the do please any one

Set DIP 5 on, then try to connect with CX-Programmer, select SYSMAC WAY, correct COM port and use default parameters (9600, 7,e,2). As long as CX-Supervisor is not running it cannot block the serial port. But if you had succesful communication with CX-Supervisor you could check the project's device settings to see what the communication parameters are and match them in CX-Programmer. Internal port software settings are set from within CX-Programmer at the PLC settings. Let us know which version CX-Programmer you are running then we can redirect you to a manual. As for the CQM1 series, here's some documentation to start with. You will find the dipswitch details in section 2-1-2 of the operation manual. W226-E1-7 Hardware Manual for CQM1 PLC W228-E1-7 CQM1-CPM1-CPM2-SRM1 PLC Programming Manual

Heres a picture log of all the things i can change but i can get connection but cant do anything it look like theres a program in the plc i can download it but cant upload a new one i cant get any connection with 7 even 2 9600 but can speak with 8 even 1 9600 please anyone that can see anything wrong hope you guys can help me. Im a little desprate right now

im using cx programmer v 6.1 i have also tried syswin 3.4 whwn i write this string in hyperterminal @00TS123443*<CR> <CR> it returns with this @00TS123443*<CR> <CR> = carridge return does this meen that the cable is ok please tjeck my new post with screenshots mabee this can give you a hint what im doing wrong have tried to set dipswitch 5 on and off nothing happens hope some of you guys can help if you need me to take screenshots of anything then ill do it if you have some hints to some thing i can do ill try i have tested the cable with a fluke and it seems do be ok

If you are getting echo back using Hyperterminal, then your cable should be good. Screen shots of Hyper Terminal setup (port, baud, etc) and screen shots of CX Programmer communications setup (Network Type, port, baud, etc). would help.

try to look at my other post theres some screenshot of some of the settings

Header too short is from Syswin. Try changind from 1 to 1 to 1 to N for your communications or back the other way.

In Syswin IO think you change the uprions in the communications setup. I have not used Syswin for a number of years now and do not even have it on my computer anymore. It probably will not run on Vista anyway. You are connecting OK with the PLC if you can upload the program.. Try turning the PLC to stop before clearing memory areas. If the program is the same as the one in the screen shots just modified, CX-P will never let you download it. Every rung that has a red line at the left has a problem. First off remove all the NOP rungs. Then fix all the other rungs with red lines down the left hand side. Does CX-P connect with 'Auto Connect'?

now i know we can post very very looooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggggg pasted screenshots here

it is connecting CX-P but only when i use these settings i cant get any connection with 7 even 2 9600 but can speak with 8 even 1 9600 but the screen is in standby mode " try look at the screenshot" I have no use of the program thats in the plc now. Its old and of no use to me Ill like to clear all memory and start on a fresh new program but i cant clear the memory "se screen shots" CX-P doesnt Auto connect I cant edit the program Any thing im missing for clearing program "Maybee some of the dip swithes are set wrong??"

Any possibility you have a handheld programmer available? The handheld would allow you to clear memory. Next thought would be to remove all power and remove the battery overnight. Somewhat crude, but it should work. Hope this will help.

no handheld tried remove battery for 2 days nothing changed i think it have some build in backup that record the program and put it back on when i power up again have heard about some one could put a wire at some point on the card at there by clear memory but it seems to be top secret becase it can overrule a password protected program keep the ideas comming maybee some good ones will turn up are there made any other programs than CX and syswin i can use for programming the plc

Can you simply create a new project that has only an end instruction, and then download that to the PLC? DIP Switch 1 is a memory protect switch. Make certain that it is off.

Memory Card is a possibility. Card can be removed. This would prevent program from being loaded at power up.

Good point. We need to know the position of all the DIP switches on the PLC.

Anyone who can make a check list for the things that i have to change for connecting the pc and the plc i have bought 2 new cables but cant connect please anyone HELP me the next thing i gonna buy is at new plc!!!!!

A few more questions. 1. What are the DIP switches 1-6 set for? 2. What is the part number of the power supply on the CQM1? ie CQM1-PAxxx, CQM1-PDxxx. This could be important. 3. What voltage (120, 240, etc) is supplying power? 4. Does the PLC run right now? ie is it running a machine, or is it on a workbench?

1. dip switch 1,2,4,5,6 off nr 3,5 on i have tried other combination with no effect 2. cqm1-cpu21-E 24vdc lotnr 1915N power supply cqm1-pa216 AC 100-240v 3. 240volt 4. No red error or anything power i on com port flashes when trying to connect. When i got the plc i could communicate with it. But then i tried making some program in cx programmer and cx supervisor and tried start plc via the cx supervisor could get connection to the plc and turn on a output via cx supervisor on the pc. then i turned off the machine after that i couldnt get connection. And now i have tried everything. Maybee i have turned something on or off that i shoudnt and now i have problems connecting the plc is used for a pellet burner and solar system controller and logging system i have a OC224 after the cpu then a AD041 4ch and one more AD041 4ch and a IPS02 i have taken out a DA041 and replaced it with the AD041 i have not changed anything at the end cover should i make some changes to the little card in the end cover the little print "cqm1-cpu11-9" c201 cn201 is written on it it have 10 print pins on it and these are joined in to 5 pairs by 5 cornectors " what is these for???" hope some one can help

The end cover is a terminator for the peripheral bus and should be attached. LOT no says January 1995. With the above dip switch settings, create a new program in CXP, select CQM1 / CPU21 and set Network type to SYSMAC WAY,baud rate to 2400 and stop bit to 1. Can you connect now?

I agree with PDL, except for the data format. It should be 7,e,2 not 7,e,1. 7e1 could also work, but the 'default' setting is 2400, 7,e,2.

LOL too young to be able to know by experience so I was going by what the manual said. Excellent suggestion by the way to have a look at the LOT no. I would have never thought of that.