Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N_Locus

Wonderware - Change Time at which supervision Station transfer to Report Station

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, On a WWTP, we have a supervision station on which is installed the Wonderware Software and another PC which is a report station. My problem is that actually the data from the supervison station is being transfered to the report station at 06.00 hrs P.M and now we need to change that time to 08.00 hrs a.m. I would be glad if someone can help me on this problem. Thanks & Kind Regards.

You will need to specify what architecture you have. Is the supervisory pc running wonderware the main server in the system? Does the reporting pc run Wonderware? If so is it another full server version or is it just a client node? Or are you running a database and using odbc to pull data from the supervisory computer?

Thanks a lot lot Rod for your reply. The wonderware id installed on supervision PC and the report pc installed only Windows XP with office. The data from the supervision PC is retrived from the recipe file (.csv) and is transfered to an excel file on the report PC. Thanks & Kind Regards.

I reviewed the email you sent. It reflects that the supervision pc is running Microsoft server and the Wonderware program. In order to make any changes to the Wonderware program, you have to have a development license. IF you only have a runtime license, it will not let you open a program called window maker that wonderware uses for modifications. I have not seen you wonderware configuration but there are two basic ways that wonderware might be transfering the files. If can be using an internal script that is trigged by an event (the specific time to transfer the files) . The other means would be that Wonderware would run a executable which would be a program written to transfer the file. It would be written pehaps in visual basic or C and compliled. The only way to see the specifics is to open you wonderware configuration with windowmaker and check your configuration for setup. If your not familiar with window maker there are several downloads/tutorials available with wonderware. It would be good to know the version you are running.