Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

The most amazing recovery ... nerves of steel

11 posts in this topic

The chinese 3 stage press bowled me over then this video blew me away...(not automation) but damm impressive.. the_best_ever.wmv

Throttle down, nose up & cleanout pants.

WOW! Landing on A WING and a PRAYER!

I would have not thought that was even possible. Talk about a big set of b***s.

So that is how you fly down under eh?

Did you notice that the plane name was KILLER THRILLER...... and the wing that fell off was THRILLER (well he certainly got that) which in turn made the plane into a possibe KILLER ...... robh put it best...

That's a trick some model airplane pilots have been doing for a while now, but in a model air plane the power to weight ratio is much higher, its possible to hang the plane on the propeller. There is a lot of chatter on the internet whether this is for real, a planned stunt with a tricked out plane, or a fake video. I don't know enough about planes to offer an opinion except to say that for now I am an open minded skeptic that it was real.

Looks impressive. If you look carefully right at the end when the plane taxis around it is very obvious that the wing was meant to detach. There are 3 holes which look like where the struts go through, and all the aluminum is "finished". It's obviously not a Navy plane and those fold much further out on the wing anyways.

Yes... after plenty of further searching on the internet i now believe that it was a fake... a very clever one at that... However, there are some who still vehemently defend the video as being real..

I know it's old but i feel the need to reply. I saw someting on discovery channel or something about the f14 i believe. there was a mid-air collision, and one of the pilots was able to land on the carrier. he got out and saw that one of his wings was gone. but he still flew back and landed. the aerodynamics on the body were good enough.

It was a F-15. The Israeli pilot was able to land it safely and said he would have ejected if he knew how much damage there was. See YouTube link Bud