Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

Fully Automated Chinese 3 stage press... gotta watch

15 posts in this topic

This is an interesting video to watch ... especially if you think you are having a bad day in your job.... Automated Chinese Press

Sleepy you've earned a Fosters definitely!

Safety First? Would be ironic if they were making hard hats... Edited by robh

WOW! Just another reminder, no matter how bad you think it is, it can be worse!

Now that is beyond disturbing... But when you have more people than you know what to do with...

wow. I can't believe what I just saw....

Havn't had a Fosters since back in the late eighties...... But plenty of other vairous brands.... lately... Tooheys New, Tooheys Old, Carlton Draught, Pure Blond, Blue Tongue....etc dtc... On occasion I will go to a bottle shop and buy numerous different types of beers from around the world.. can find sone nice ones and some shockers...... a fun exercise..... highly recommended.... ;)

What's so bad about sitting on your butt all day using one hand to move lightweight objects? J/K Paul

No wonder their products are inexpensive!

Well atleast you know the automation guys is not over worked. HR probably stays busy though.

Now here this - Showed this video to my PSO and here is the response. "That is just a cycle test video, the press isn't closing all the way and no one would be allowed that close, even in China during operations" I think my PSO is part ostrich and burying their head in the sand. Anybody with facts that can confirm or deny this video is realistic.

I donlt know if it is a cycle test or what .. but that is not the point... Mabey he PSO should move to china, especially if he is happy enough to pass it off as only a cycle test.... for god;s sake man... would your PSO be happy to sit there ????

That would cause a great deal of rejoicing in some corners of our facility to be sure.

What is a PSO? Cycle test or not, how are companies in the USA supposed to compete with this type of disregard for safety? We are forced to spend more time setting up to safely do a task than it takes to actually perform the task.

Plant Safety Officer. He should know better anyways, even if it is a cycle test, is a cycle test exempt from safety? Our PSO was one of the most accident prone people around - so they promoted him to PSO to get him off the floor. I've been to China and been in several factories, there were major safety problems everywhere. As far as competing goes, don't worry, we can compete with China just fine, we just need to stay sharp and stay on our toes. Besides, aren't you from Afghanistan? Edited by Alaric