Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDr

.cxt or .cxp

3 posts in this topic

I have a customer who has multiple licenses for different versions CX Programmer. It would appear as though each of their PCs runs a different version of CXP. They asked me what the Pros and Cons would be to switching to use .cxt files instead of .cxp files. I told them that one of the big Pros would be the compatibility between different versions. What other Pros and Cons would they see by switching just to .cxt files?

Man!!! They should update the lot and keep it that way. I check for updates at least once a week.

.cxt is not intended as the normal mode of saving, but it could be used that way. .cxt was mainly created to allow users to create applications to automatically generate ladder code. I have not had problems with compatibility between versions using the .cxp extension. In fact, yesterday I copied a CQM1H program from my PC (CX Programmer V8) to a machine with CX Programmer 2.1. The 2.1 machine opened it up just fine, went online, etc. I don't think you would see any differences between PCs using .cxt vs .cxp.