Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RaggieMan

Output problems

4 posts in this topic

Hello All I have a Mitsubishi A2S Series PLC and cannot get the outputs to switch. I can see the inputs on the module as well as in Medoc but can only see the outputs in Medoc. Am I missing something..... configuration, commands, key switch? Please advise.

Raggie, is this a new program you have written or an existing bit of kit in production ? If its a new program, is there an End statement ? Have you tested the program, Test Y/N I've not worked on the A2s, but the fact that the output works in Medoc suggests it could be the hardware. Again has anything been changed or did it work before ? In general code permitting you can force all I/O on or off individually using Medoc, but obviously if its live plant then this can be extremely dangerious. I'd like more details on what you are doing before I give you this information. Regards, Gene.

Reggie, another thought but it still relates on this being a new program or existing installation. Within Medoc check the following for your project. Start Open Project (Your current program) ESC Edit Para Other I/O Assignment In this section you can specify which cards are fitted into the rack. e.g. X32,y16,F32 (example RS232) etc. and hence your code will need to follow this I/O allocation. If someone has allocated a different module to that fitted you could expect to see the code working, but no physical output will illuminate or function on the output card itself. If you make alterations, you will need to save and transfer to the PLC. Regards, Gene    

Hey Guys, Thanks for the help. I have it sorted out now. I was addressing the output module incorrectly.... silly me.