Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toni Van Remortel

read PLC variables from CoDeSys on ThinkIO

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a Kontron ThinkIO here to play with, and we like to create a link between the PLC world and the Linux world. The examples provided by Kontron promise a lot, but they don't work (or it seems they don't work). One of the examples is to read out PLC variables from the CoDeSys program that is running. So it should be possible to get PLC variable values and use them in a Linux based program. Does anybody have experience with that? Or do you see another way to communicate between Linux (RTAI patched) and the CoDeSys software? Planned usage: I like to control serverroom temperature, diesel power group usage and fuel level, alarm state, ... with PLC, but use our central monitoring system to follow it up and send out notifications (e-mail, SMS) when things go wrong. Thanks. Toni Van Remortel Linux system engineer

Hi, I need file target for Thinkio to CodeSys. Is posibol send my. Thank you for help. Greeting.

Found it in the meantime. With the demo program 'plcvar_demo' you can read out the shared memory. If you put a value in the variable %MB0, the first byte of the shared memory will contain this data. With 'plcvar_demo -rbyte marker 0' you can read out this value in Linux. Easy.