Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_dougpdf

AB upload

5 posts in this topic

Hello all I just got in a used piece of equipment with an AB SLC 5/01. Not having the original program I uploaded the program (use file?) but has no text, address names, etc. Is that stored in the PLC and is there something I can do (or should have done differently when uploading) to get it out? Thank you much Doug

The pLC does NOT contain any of the text files or annotation files for the ladder logic; this would take up too much memory. You need to have the original file from the programmer that contains the additional files in order for it to make sense otherwise tour screwed!!!! I had the same thing happen. What you need to do is get the electrical schematics if available and work of of these. You can at least gather the Input and output info from the schematics then you hope the drawings have been updated!!! Good Luck

Thanks Jimmy, had a feeling I was screwed Doug

For simple applications, even if you do not have the schematics you can often match inputs and outputs by tracing wires from the devices back to the PLC to come up with something. Of course if there is a lot of integer usage (the 5/01 program is likely simple) this gets difficult.

one thing you can do is find out who manufactured the machine and contact them with the serial # of the equipment. the oem should have the electrical and ladder logic prints on file. if they do, have them e-mail it to you. good luck!