Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_electrician

Modicon

12 posts in this topic

Hello, we have inherited a boat anchor (thats what I call it), it is actually a parts washer. It employs a modicom plc. We do not have the software for the plc but do have the program. Of course without the software I cannot view the program. Could someone be kind enough to open the software (attached) and repost it as a PDF file so that I could print it off. The PLC is a MODICON 984-145. Even better if I could get the software from someone.

Sorry, the s/w is still supported and is not part of the public domain. I imported it into Proworx 32. I printed everything to a PDF file. BT43586.pdf Edited by jstolaruk

Thanks so much for the quick responce. This wash has been sitting for almost 2 years with no power applied to it. Of course now I have a battery low alarm. Is it possible as well that the program has been lost from sitting with no power for so long. The plc is also not in RUN so I guess I will need to get the software to switch it to run?

Probably, and to download the logic; its probably lost with the low battery alarm as you suspect. Edited by jstolaruk

I have never used Modicon. Is ProWORX the preferred choice for programming one. The plc the I have here is a 984 145.

Proworx is one of the choices (there are others). I guess it would depend on what support you may need for other pieces of equipment at your facility. If you have just the instance of support needed to get the machine up and running, I would ask your local distributor for help or get the name of a local controls contractor that can do it for a nominal charge. I guess either way I would start with your local Schneider Electric/Telemecanique/Modicon distrbutor and they may be the best ones to help you get set up.

For the 984-145 your only choice really is ProWORX. You can't program this relic in the IEC language, so Concept isn't worth the price. And you might get more responses to this if you place it in the Modicon forum.

Moved this thread to the Modicon board, hopefully you will get more responses here. Ken

You have the program listing, why not exchange the "boat anchor" with a new small PLC ? From a quick peek at the PDF file, it seems to be a very simple program, so any small PLC could do the job. If you already have other PLCs in your inventory, it would seem the right time to exchange the old Modicon for one that you already have the software and/or have spares. Probably not more expensive that having an integrator come by and download the program to the Modicon.

Found out how much ProWORX is. TOO MUCH. I am going to swap out the Modicon for a micro1200 instead since we allready have the software. Way cheaper!

smart move

This is probably the best way to go (replacing the unit) but there are other options. You could send the PLC top someone (like me) or an integrator and they could reoad your program and start the unit to place it in run. There is also available, floating around, and old DOS verison of what Modicon called P190 replacement software. This would allow you to view, load and staryt/stop your unit. But being DOS........it's a hassle to use.