Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbaum

NSJ Data Aquisition

3 posts in this topic

I am developing a project using a NSJ8-TV01B-M3D (has onboard Ethernet). We have a batch process and I need to send about 16 words to a CSV or database over ethernet, and ultimately open the file in Excel. I would be sending these on batch completion. I need a time/date stamp on these words and add them to file for batch history I could send them to a CF card, but I'd rather skip that option and utilize Ethernet if possible. Any direction would be appreciated.

Hi, My thought is... What are you going to send them too? Sounds like you're talking about a Windows PC here - running alongside your process. Your suggestion means if the Windows PC is down at any time during your process - you loose your data. And we're talking Microsoft Windows here Hopefully you get my point, and are now thinking "I should store the data on the PLC, and allow a PC to retrieve it at any time it likes". Using the CF card is one option here, or just allocating a fixed block of PLC memory. In either case you then need a PC program to upload them and store it. If you understand FINS messaging or can afford the effort to find out, you can probably write your own, or checkout Omron's CX-Server Lite product if you can afford to buy that knowledge in and program it straight into Excel! This is just my opinion - any other thoughts out there? Bertie

Thanx for your input Berti. Yes I need the data to be sent to (retrieved from) a Windows (Yes Microsoft!) PC. Probably CX Server Lite is the way to go, but I was looking for a cheaper :( alternate. I might have to dig into FINS messaging.