Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mushu

How to add a DI/DO card in a FX2N

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am completly new with Mitsubishi PLC's. I have to do a small change in a FX2N-32MR-FS/UL and to add a new FX2N-32 ET-ESS/UL (16 DI/ 16 DO). When I go to PLC parameters, the I/O configuration button is disable, so I don't know how to insert my new card in the configuration. At the moment there are 3 cards (1xFX2N-32 ET-ESS/UL, 1x FX2N-8AD and 1x FX2N-4DA) but I cannot see them (well I cannot see the configuration at all). I can see the tags used in the programme with the address pointing the cards. I have several versions of the PLC code; but when I tryed to do Cross reference only one code worked; then I realised that this code was the one with more files. If I save this code into another folder only 3 files were copied, and then I cannot do the cross reference in them. Any idea???? Thank you in advance. Edited by Mushu

You dont have to configure anything. Just plug it in and it automatically allocates it the next addresses. As for the cross reference problem, I have no idea. A GX Developer project has a bunch of subdirectories and files, and all are required to create a project.

Thank you very much. So once I connect the card, would this cause any fault in the PLC? Once I go online to the PLC, should I see the new tags? Escuse me but I am completly lost.

It's not easy to explain the way the i/o in used with special extension modules. See this manual, which may help: http://download.mitsubishi-automation.com/...submit=View+now If you are stuggling to find the start address for you extension unit just force Y10, Y20, Y30 etc. until a light comes on. Edited by Veganic

Thank you very much. I don't have any Mitshubisi PLC to try here in the office, so I will try it when I go on site. Thanks again.