Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robobob

Ethernet coms

3 posts in this topic

I am doing some data collection with a DL205 with a ECOM card installed. I am using Dataworx software. At this time I am using a wired ethernet connecton. I would like to go to a wireless set up. I am wondering if this will work? I want to attach a wireless access point to the ECOM card and transmit to a wireless card on my PC. Has anyone out there ever done this succesfully? Is this the proper way to do this? If is is are there any issues I need to be aware of.

Should work fine. You're still planning on having the wired connection between PLC and switch (which may be part of the Access Point), right? What does the current IP address scheme look like between the PLC and PC? Are there other nodes on your network that they communicate with? What about Internet access?

Yes here is how I am going to do it, ECOM card connected to a linksys wireless access point with a cat 5 cable. PC with wireless card in a near by office. No internet connection or connection to plant network. Our plant has no wireless network, so that will not be a problem. I am using static IP addresses on all devices. This is only a temporary setup The OEM of the machine needs a week of data to help resolve some issues Thanks for the quick reply Bob.