Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Dark_Dog

Communications Cable

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the pin assignments to for a SLC5/04 to PCMIA Card. 1784-PCMK. PC to DH+. I have a new PLC SLC5/04 and need to make some quick changes but I have a cable for SLC5/05 DH-485 to PC. I have ordered the cable (within the comapny) but that will take a few weeks for red tape. If I can get a head start it will help me out alot.

If you are connecting to a 5/05 serially you can connect to the 5/04 the same way. You will probably not be able to make a cable to connect to you PCMCIA card.

I made a mistake sorry about that, I want to communicate with a SLC5/04 but the cable I have now communicates with a "SLC5/03" over DH-485. It connects from the RJ45 plug from the 1784-PCMK card (in the Laptop) to the DH-485 port on the SLC5/03. I want to talk with DH+ (the card can do that) put I need a cable to match. So, I guess I need the pins for the RJ45 from the PCMIA Card (1784-PCMK) to the DH+ on the SLC5/04.

sorry but what (I think) you're asking for won't work ... the little gray box (called the "electronics pod") on each of the cables has "magic" in it ... one has DH485 stuff ... another one has stuff for DH+ ... there is no simple adapter ... you need to buy the correct cable (about $300 list) if you want your PCMK card to do DH+ ... be sure that you get the right one (series A or series B) to match your PCMK card ... the wrong series cable won't physically fit into the card ... PS ... is there any reason why you're not going in through the DB9 serial port on the SLC-5/04? ... if that's available, all you need is a simple "null modem" cable to connect to the serial port on your programming computer ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Check this out PCMK Card

Check this out PCMK Card And yes, there are two cables ca $300 each. One is for DH485 and other is for DH+. Actually there are two cables for DH+, one with DB9 and one with round DIN connector. Internally they are same (you can get addapter for the DB9 version to make it round mini-DIN)

Thanks all, the info. was helpful. Yeah I know the card series makes a difference I have a B. As for the serial port, I have a radio hooked up on it...I didn't want to remove it to access the PLC. But now, for the time being I will have to. Thanks once again.