Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
success

Panel view 550 upload problem

4 posts in this topic

our customer have a Panel view 550 (2711-B5A2) connected to slc 5/02. its an old system. frn no. of pv is 4.4.(pv is 2yrs old). The original pva application was developed 7 yrs before. old pv 550 is replaced with new pv(2yrs back) with the same program(.pva). Previously one Engineer created two data entry objects while downloading the file to pv 550. Now the customer wants to add one counter to it. When i uploaded the .pva file that two objects were missing the uploaded file. i uploaded it 4 times, but the same problem. comm is through 1747-pic. panel builder version i am using is 3.8.OS is Windows 98. If the same file is copied and loaded in to another pv 550 with flash memory card, its coming fine. but when connected to computer it is not showing problem. i want to know the problem as i have to program 30 of such pv 550s.

Try using Panelbuilder v2.6 Or, if that is all you are missing, upload the program and re-create the data entry fields. if you know what they are. then you will have a current copy of the program in your newer version of software.

In the future you may want to keep copies of the .PBA files on the flash cards. When we program a PanelView, we set the .PVA so that there is no upload informationThat means we must keep .PBA files and can not rely on "decompiling a .PVA file. Is there a possibility that the .PBA file exist somewhere?

.PBA files are not available