Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jylilaht

CQM command HELP

9 posts in this topic

I have CQM1 cpu 21 plc and i uploaded program to my pc. When I monitor program I have TXD(48) instructions red and compilation says there's missing parameter. I wonder how in heavens can this program work? My cx-programmer is version 7.03 can there be some kind of problem with that? TXD instructions have set these parameters: First send word DMxx Control word #2 Missing parameter is (in my cx-programmer) Number of bytes to send. Program is only using particular DMxx afaik. I highly suspect I should fix this if it isn't problem with programmer version or anything. i'm not really familiar with transmission instructions...

Please try to upload the expansion instructions. You may findout what instruction using function 48 because TXD is an expansion instruction and can be change by the user

Hmm yeah, I remember now I got error message which said it doesn't transfer all setups if I transfer stuff like normally from plc. Do I need some another program to get expansion instruction setup? I don't remember how it is supposed to be done and help file doesn't open when that pop up comes. Edited by jylilaht

Hello jylilaht, There should be an option within the upload dialogue. Hope this helps

Ok. I checked all options with upload dialog including external instruction. Here's a bit of program in mnemonics format after upload i'm not 100% if it did upload instruction table. i have dip 4 set to 1 and plc was in program mode. don't know if i can do something else. I've got to add that supposedly this program is sending stuff on connected RS232 port. This TXD instruction is only place where it can be send, so I do not think it is other command but I just wonder why it's red, heh. Because there doesn't seem to be any problems with machine functions. Edited by jylilaht

If everything appear to be fine then it seems the expansion instructions were not uploaded properly. Try uploading again and checking only the box for expansion instructions. I have had problems with transfering expansion instructions in the past but if I remember correctly it was more of a problem downloading them.

Alright. I think I've figured it out. I got original program from application provider. In their original program it goes like this @TXD DM10 DM11 #0002 So practically they're trying to transfer whole DM10 to serial RS232 port. However TXD instruction doesn't support other than # data on CQM1 so DM values are not allowed. This is why it doesn't work on CQM1. I've normal host link and serial ports on CQM1 can someone tell me what value I should put instead of DM11 for TXD instruction so it will transfer the stuff on serial RS232 port? I think it should be #0000. Edited by jylilaht

If you say the machine is functioning properly then I would try and resolve what is in the PLC first. What is connected to the serial port? Is it getting the data from the PLC? I'm a bit confused. If what you show in your picture is actually in the PLC then I don't know how it could have gotten there because it does not compile. What messages, errors or warnings are you getting when you perform an upload? It's also a bit confusing the application vendor would send you a program that does not compile. You are correct that the 2nd operand (control word) should be a literal value (#). The value should be #0000 for RS232 port in Host Link mode. Try cross referencing DM11 and see what is being written to it elsewere in the program. How do you know it is Host Link mode?

Yes. What I got there is in plc. I did upload it from there. It says compile error, missing operand or something when I try to upload it. (pointing out the missing operands in TXD commands) It is definetly a bit confusing. Application vendor says features linked to TXD have not been in use for ages in our system. They suggest I just remove commands. They only did send some error codes to pc. (error codes hehe). Nothing writes in DM11 in program. The program itself is pretty simple, with only one section and stuff. All ports seem to be in host link mode in settings.