Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Communication with cp 243-1 by internet

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a S7-200 plc (CPU222) with a CP 243-1 ethernet-module connected on my home network. I can communicate with the plc using Microwin installed on my notebook everywhere in my home by a ethernet-connection. Now I will communicate with my plc when I have my notebook connected on internet somewhere else example on my holiday-adress. Is this possible? Can I using portforwarding on my router and how must I configure this in MicroWin? Greetings, mulderm

If you know the IP address your router gets on the Internet, then you can set up port forwarding in the router to direct a particular port to a particular IP (like your PLC). As long as you know the port number it uses. I don't know the port for the CP243, but I bet its in a manual somewhere.

Crosbow, And where I must set the router internet adres? In the Ethernet-wizard setting in MicroWin or in the communications setup in MicroWin or something else ? mulderm

If you want to communicate to it from outside yoru network, you wil have to use the router's address not the PLCs when you try to talk to the PLC. You leave the PLC set up the same way. But the router will forward the info to the PLC.