Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mushu

RSView32 Data logging

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a customer that has a RSView32 application running. The datalogging is configured to keep the data permanly. They used to maintenance the log file periodically, but for some reason in their procedures they stopped doing it. Do you know what is the best practice to maintane a log file? As this file keeps growing they have problems every so often. Should he: 1. Stop RSView32. 2. Copy the log in another location. 3. Open the log file and delete the old data. 4. Close the file. 5. Re-start the RSView application. I don't know if RSView32 manage the file in other way; if it deletes the old data when the file becomes too big. Thanks

I believe it is possible to have RSView32 automatically start new log files and delete old ones after specific periods of time and possibly by file sizes. Paul

You can set up daily logs so it starts a new file every day, you can also set it up to delete the oldest files after a specific time or amount of files. All accessible from the data log setup dialogue.