Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Country

CC-Link Newbie

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone have some experience using CC-Link to communicate between to PLC. And would you happen to have a sample program that you would care to share. I am starting a new project that I will be monitoring plant air psi from 4 seperate locations.

More info please... What PLCs? What modules? Who is the master? What other devices on the network?

Hi.See here http://beijer.se/web/web_aut_se.nsf/alldoc...125707C004C93D8

I fail to see what a link to Beijer has to do with my questions asking for more information. I've set up CC-Link many times, and just wanted to know which PLC he is referring to.

Hi Big Country, check downloads, there is Mitsubishi section including some CC link related material

They are both A1SH PLC and I have just bought two A1SJ61BT11 modules. I don't know about the master I really dont need either ot be master they just need to share data back and forth.

Hi.Use GXConfigurator CCV116 or previos version

Configurators are for wimps * I doubt if anyone can give you as much information as the CC-link module manual. The first thing is to make sure you get your addressing right, in TO/FROM commands for example. We will be able to help with more specific questions though. *Unless it's Profibus.

Your statement about 'don't need either to be the master' is incorrect. One station on CC-Link MUST be configured as the master who runs the network. Network doesn't exist without a master. Sharing data between the 2 PLCs on CC-Link is not the most efficient network to use. CC-Link is designed for a PLC to communicate with remote devices such as I/O, servos, temperature controllers, or VFDs. While what you want to do is possible (within the limitations on the amount of data transferred), MELSECNET would have been a better choice for larger amounts of data. How much data do you plan to move between these PLCs?

I should have been more infomative on my post, I have a machine that drills and taps several rods the other machine is a press that bends one style of parts. Between the two I have a robot that is material handling. I want to monitor what the robot and press are doing and display it one the touchscreen that is located on the tapping machine. Inside the press I have a Mitsubishi A series PLC and in the tapping machine is a A series the robot is controlled by the press PLC so I will also have to send some bits back and forth to say that he tapping machine is finished and ready for the robot to pick up the part and same for the tapping I will need to tell it that the robot has picked the part up.

Each station on a CC-Link network is assigned 32 bits in, 32 bits out, 4 words in, and 4 words out. I think you can set the A module to occupy more than 1 station to get larger data throughput. But my experience is with the newer Q Series.

Crossbow, Are you an active Mitsi user or well versed in all? Just a curious note: Might need some help on down the line myself.... I believe that at another time I had some "equip" constructed from a facility in Indiana. Not sure as to who'm the "tech" was but it seems to me that this sight was run by one of the gentlemen involved. Regards,

I currently primarily use Mitsubishi, been using it for 6 years. At this point, I am doing more training than system design work, but have done my share of both over the years. I have also some limited experience in Siemens S7-200. I did a lot of work years ago with Square D Symax, Modicon, and Omron PLCs.

Well guys as luck would have it I did get the two PLC's talking to one another but as far as the GOT the addressing to and from it is just to complicated and really not even feasable to attempt. Just a little FYI.