Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panic mode

WinCC flexible locks user accounts

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've been always making my own login screens because it's simple to do and it's works the same way regardless of platform. Lately we have been dealing with customer that pushed their own standard and use of Siemens hardware so that's what we had to go with. Once it was working it seemed that everything was fine but after while customer could no longer use the product because all user accounts have been locked out (including admin). The login does work for those who have right password but the access rights have been stripped (anything requiring authorization would not be accessible). I just returned from 4-day WinCC flexible course and this wasn't mentioned. The problem is result of design of the built in security and seam to happen after three login attempts have failed. This can happen to any account (even Admin) so be carefull when and where you use built in security. Beacuse users don't see what they type, simple errors can under circumstances disable machine and require download of the HMI application (password list). If anyone knows about way to change this (turn it off or increase number of fail attempts that lock account) please let me know. Regards panic mode

Check this out on PLCs.net This is a common problem and Siemens has a tech tip on how to get around the problem. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...exible+password

thank you for reminder, i did check this a while ago and I did look at Siemens example but i didn't see how this can help since the access to user administration screen is also requiring authorization. I looked closer this time (hint was in post by JesperMP). Moving restore button to area that is not secured can do the job.

Just an update. In WinCC Flex 2008 you can change the number of log in fails. I think you can also turn it off completely.

thanks, that's what i've heard too. it will however take some time before we move to 2008. so far we didn't move to 2007 since the project is in progress and all tools have to use same version.

just found out that cycling power resets it too... (tested on mobile panel 277)

I have heard mixed reports about this. Some say that you can just cycle power to get the users back. Personally I have experienced both that you do and you do not. Better be sure to have that backup/restore function.