Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDr

CX One Version 3

9 posts in this topic

I now have customers asking about CX One V3. Does anyone have a document highlighting the differences between CX One V2 and V3? Thanks

Hello TheDr, I attach you a brief information. Regards.

Since posting this morning I did find the following information that may help someone else. Key Features and Benefits: CX-One Version 3.0 software supports the soon-to-be-released CJ2 CPU units and the NSV2-series touch screen HMIs also supports EtherNet/IP. It provides an environment for setting up all layers of FA networks, and allows users to set up both CJ2 CPU units and NS-V2-series HMIs from the same software package. 1. Data for all PLC units or specific PLC units at the target PLC can be backed up, compared and restored. This provides powerful support for data management for the entire PLC system. Downtime in emergencies is also minimized. 2. EtherNet/IP and CompoNet are supported in addition to the previous Ethernet, Controller Link and DeviceNet networks. Users can easily build entire networks and set parameters. 3. CJ2-series CPU units are supported along with their USB ports and built-in EtherNet/IP port. Easier and safer Support Software connections to PLCs are possible using PLC name verification to prevent incorrect connections. 4. Tags can be used to access data through EtherNet/IP using an NS-V2-series HMI. Design modifications are easier because address changes at the PLC can normally be made without affecting the rest of the system. 5. Less design time is required because HMI screen data and PLC programming can be developed in parallel with improved tag access through EtherNet/IP for full access to memory in the CJ2 CPU unit from an NS-series programmable terminal.

Hello All, Do bear in mind that CX-One v3.0 is old (relatively speaking). The latest version (v3.05) is now available. This is the 'Global' tie up release which should mean that everyone around the world is using the same version - as long as it's the latest version!!!

Thanks for the info. I don't know how long V3 has been available in Europe but here in North America it was just released about 2 weeks ago. I am still waiting for my copy. Maybe I will get V3.05.

Hello TheDr, You should get CX-One v3.05, it's a long story, but the gist of it goes... It was time for Omron to upgrade CX-One v2.0. In Europe, it was sold as v3.0 (Your 2.1) and was not a free upgrade, what with CX-P having SFC programming etc. Hence, it had a major revision number. In the rest of the world, omron allowed upgrading (at no cost!), hence everywhere else was on v2.1. From what I understand (could be wrong!) this 3.05 is a free upgrade in Europe, but the rest of the world must now pay for the upgrade! Hope this helps solve some of the mystery!

It is available in Australia now - I will have it next week - but there are already updates available I understand. I think the version we are getting here is V3.04. The update manager apparently has also been improved. Setting when to check for updates can be set up in the control panel. There will be further updates available for the web server. Apparently there are still a few issues with the web server that are just about resolved. Updated firmware for NS screens with Ethernet ports will then be available. Updates and firmware will then also be available for PictBridge - that will make hooking a printers a bit easier! I understand there are also a look more goodies to be released in the next few months as well. CompoNet has been available for quite a time now integrated into CX-Integrator via the updates so that is not new. I am looking forward to seeing the new Integrator as they are apparently doing a heck of a lot of work on it to make it much better - that will be really good. In do not know if they have integrated Profibus into it yet - will be interesting to see. I really have one wish though - Omron please include Toolbus in the SCU/SCB units. There is one problem I can see with the new CPU's - does anyone know if it will be possible to connect to the USB port via Bluetooth or even Bluetoothn via the Ethernet port? I have 5 Promi's now and love them even though serial is a bit old hat and slow. The great advantage is that one can plug into several PLCs and wander off somewhere out of the way - no big feet falling over cables and crashing laptop on floor. From the Promis and netwroked PLCs I recently had 9 PLCs on screen at once being monitored - a bit slow but it worked. Usually Bluetooth devices require the installation of drivers so I do not know how we will go here. I hope there is an easy solution.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to doing a project with CJ2 and the Ethernet/IP to a NS2. Sounds like it should shave some more time off programming. Speed wise the CJ2 look to be quite a bit faster than the CJ as well. Is the CJ2 the new name for what the newer manuals were refering to as an "R" processer (CJ1H-CPU67H-R)?

Hello Wulfgar, No, the "Type R" CPUs are the same as CJ1s, only faster processing. The CJ2 is another addition to the CJ family. Hope this helps.