berty

CJ1M CPU11: C-Command

6 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm trying to get acces to the plc via c-commands (e.g. RD, TS, ...). I'm using the Omron cable CS1W-CN226 and the COM1 from my laptop (no USB-serial converter). First I tried it with a self-created VBA-Code, then with the "C-Mode Hostlink Demonstration Program" from the forum's download area. Both send the same string over the RS232, but in both ways I get no information back! I checked the peripheral settings of the plc by using Auto-Online in CX-Programmer. It's 19200, 8, N, 1. The same settings I'm using in my application, but it won't work. All DIP-switches on the plc are off. Hope, you can help me! Greetz

berty The CJ1M 'peripheral port' has multiple protocols. Out of the box the CJ1M uses Toolbus, not Host Link. CX Programmer Auto Online tries different protocols to connect. You have probably connected using the Toolbus protocol, which is a non published binary protocol. If you turn ON DIP Switch 4 on the CJ1M CPU (flip up the cover above the peripheral connector to get to the DIP Switches), this will change the peripheral port from fixed at Toolbus protocol to 'internal settings'. This means use the PLC Settings internal to the PLC for the peripheral port (configured through Settings in CX Programmer). Out of the box, the peripheral port has 'internal settings' of Host Link protocol, 9600, 7, E, 2. So, you should be able to change DIP Switch 4 to ON, then use the Host Link example to communicate.

OK, finally I found it! I have to set DIP-switch 4 to ON and may not work with AUTO BAUD. Thanks anyway! Hi PMCR! You was a little bit quicker than me! Thanks for your support!

berty Auto Online will still work for you. CX Programmer tries Toolbus and Sysway (another name for Host Link) protocols.

Hy I'm using a cj1m-cpu13 with wientek display but omron plc set on toolbus protocol but wientek have hostlink protocol. .plz send me any idea how to change a plc protocol. I'm trying to change from plc through but don't change  due to some instruction programer plz tell me

Rizwan,

Welcome to the forum.

Guessing the issue is the dip switch setting.  Please see the attached information on correct setting.

CJ1_DipSwitch.pdf