Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Franz Bakan

Medoc (OS/2) / Ming (latest version?)

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I know DOS / OS/2 times seem to be over now, so my questions have more historic character. Perhaps someone knows an answer to one of my questions. I asked Mitsubishi/beijers allready, but they won't sell/tell 1. Is it possible somehow to get the latest (or at least any) version of MEDOC for OS/2? Does someone own a copy? 2. Did this OS/2 version work with the old ISA A7BDE Melsecnet/II card? 3. Which was the latest version-No. for MING (A7BDE) DOS-Version? 4. Did there once exist a MING version for OS/2? thanks in advance for any anwers. fbakan@gmx.net

Unusual questions ... 1. The latest official version of MEDOC OS/2 was 2.30, released Jul 6th 1998. Beijer Electronics is probably your only chance to obtain it legally. Have you tried running the DOS-version in the DOS-box of OS/2? 2. No, only the DOS-version could access A7BDE (OS drivers required). 3. I don't know, I believe MING was/is a UK product, maybe MEUK knows. Beijer Electronics might also know which was the last version. 4. I've never heard of it.

Hi aguirRe, thanks for your answers. > Beijer Electronics is probably your only chance to obtain it legally. They say they won't sell Medoc anymore. I thought perhaps someone knows about a 'used' version he/she won't need anymore... I have the DOS 2.30 version and do not really need the OS/2 version. But I still prefer OS/2 as operating system, so it would be nice to be able to run the native application. It's a sad thing that the OS/2 version never was marketed/sold by Mitsubishi (at least in Germany). >No, only the DOS-version could access A7BDE (OS drivers required) I have suspected this, but I wanted to be shure. >Have you tried running the DOS-version in the DOS-box of OS/2? This is what I am running since years, it works very well, including access to the A7BDE. Also Ming/A7BDE runs fine in a Full-Scree-DOS-Box (As long as it's the foreground-session. In background data-aquistion (trend) does not work.) fbakan@gmx.net

Then you should have seen the 32-bit Windows version (still text-mode though) which unfortunately hasn't been offered to international customers. It's been available in Scandinavia since 1997 with many enhancements, e.g. syntax colouring in the editors, improved monitoring views and I/O-use function directly available in editors while programming.

Actually, you can purchase the 32-bit version direct from Beijer. I asked about it a while back and they said no problem. I presume their agreements are just that they can not advertise it internationally. Just send an email to them if you're interested. It's not cheap though.