Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacTitan

FX2 questions.

7 posts in this topic

Hello, please advise which is the correct programming software and cable for the FX2? Will the "home-made" cable using the DB-25 to DB9 and SN75179A - Max232 interface work for the FX2? I have the following software GX-DEV-FX-C1 Ver-5, and can't find the FX2 listed in the drop down menu box selection? Is it possible to upgrade this software to Ver-8? Regards MacTitan

You can buy the cable and software upgrades from your local Mitsubishi distributor. Neither is free. Check for FXU listed in your software, it's the same hardware as FX2.

SC-09 and any GX DEVELOPER (any version)

Thank you for the help. I was able to obtain the SC-09 cable. Works well with the FX2 and GX-Dev-Fx for Windows. I do need help with a FX-EEPROM-4 removable memory cassette, used with the FX2. The PLC and Eeprom worked well, running the program from the eeprom on start-up. However one time I removed the cassette by mistake while the PLC was running, or it may have been in Prog-mode, not sure. Now the red LED flashes indicating CPU-E each time I power-up with the eeprom in place. (With the eeprom cassette removed, the PLC powers-up and runs a program from internal memory without problem.) Is there a method of reformatting or saving this eeprom? If it can't be saved, what is the correct replacement part number, as the one I have may be an old obsolete part. Best regards mactitan.

Put the memory module back in the PLC and perform a download. Doubt the hardware went bad, but the part number is FX-EEPROM-4 as you indicated. The memory module is still available since the FX2N uses it, but the PLC is obsolete.

Thank you Crossbow, success worked like a charm.