Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
civicfan

Download to PLC via Ethernet

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, i'm new on the forum and also in Mitsubishi Automation. I've started programming on Mitsubishi and now i need to download my program to the PLC. Unfortunately i haven't got the Serial cable so i need to download via Ethernet. I've read some manuals but i think the configuration of the ethernet card can't be made via ethernet (if it has never received parameters like IP). The problem is that i can't reach the ethernet module because it has no IP Address and has never been parametrized. So is there a way to download the program and the configuration of PLC via ethernet without have downloaded anything yet? Maybe set IP with BOOTP? I hav no idea at the moment... My configuration is here: - Q02CPU - QJ71E71-100 - QJ61BT11N - QJ71BR11N - other digital and analog I/O Thanks in advance, CivicFan

Try to ping IP 192.0.1.254, the initial setting.

Have you tried the manual from GX Developer section 16.2.1.3.

I've already try this...i think it's the normal procedure to connect via ethernet... If i test connection this is the result (image attached) CivicFan

In my experience, you need to set up PLC parameters first, including the network parameters, before you can use Ethernet for programming. I think the default IP is empty (0.0.0.0), and most of the other parameters are nonsense. You're probably getting error lights on both the CPU and Ethernet card. Since the Q02CPU doesn't have USB, you'll need to buy the serial cable.

You need to get online serially or USB first and set the parameters. You cannot connect to an unconfigured Ethernet module, and none of the Mitsubishi PLC line supports BOOTP. You need to set it up once, then you can connect via Ethernet.

Ah OK... I was scared of the answer =) Serial cable will arrive in some days...thanks for the support! Btw i think that ethernet card should be the same as other connections....like other PLC! Thanks again, CivicFan