Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Derk

Newbie: GX Dev FX question

7 posts in this topic

I work in the IT dept for a manufacturing company. They have a laptop with windows XP on that has Mitsubishi GX DEV FX software installed on it. It is version 5. They haven't used it in years. The guy informed me the last time they used it he thinks it was on win98. The other IT guy seemed to just copy the folder and not install the program on the new laptop. He gets an error when starting up the program that says failed to load startup. The electrician can go into and write a new program but cannot save it. I know this is an OLD version but does anyone have any ideas?

Remove the folder and install them again by the official setup.

i did this no such luck

Besides using setup.exe for gx dev, you also have to install the setup exe's in the other folders ie dnaviplus, envmel gx_com etc. THis sets up the program for the right OS

You can't just copy software from one PC to another with Windows. That hasn't worked since DOS. Windows based software installs files into the Windows and Windows\System directories, as well as makes entries in the registry. Delete the directories he copied and reinstall from the original CD. And I'm fairly sure version 5 was NOT rated for XP. That's going back farther than XP. I think you need at least version 7. Current is 8.45, so they are at least 5 years out of date.

Well we are going to purchase the newest version. what would be the best place to buy it?

Go to www.meau.com and click 'Find Local Support' to get a distributor in your state.