Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlwalter77

Servo Command Frequency Error

3 posts in this topic

I am using a MR-J3-20B1 servo hooked up to a FX3U PLC, with a FX3U-20SSC-H positioning module. I've gotten everything up and running, but am having a small issue with an error I get everytime I home. The error number is 2035 (35 on the LED screen of the amplifier), which from the manual states it is a command frequency error. This only happens when I home the servo (I am using the Stopper #2 OPR method, as I have no home or overtravel switches). I can do an error reset and the servo functions normally, but I don't want to have to reset the error everytime I home. Also, I'd like to know why it is occuring in the first place. Has anyone seen this before?

Try to lower the torque level setting. Due to the fact that the motor is moving to a mechanical stopper, and the torque level will rise. This untill the level is that high like the parameters. At that moment it will finish the operation (OPR). In case the torque level setting is that high, the servo runs out of droop pulses this error CAN occure. Also monitor the zero colpletion signal when finished. Is the OPR completed??? Monitor also the latest commands from the software FX Configurator FP

I tried decreasing the torque, but had no effect on the problem. I ended up slowing the servo down during the home cycle to 5 inch/min (which doesn't seem all that different from the 10 inch/min that I had it set at). But once I did that, I no longer had the issue.