Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Turkey Slayer

Wouldn't it be nice...

11 posts in this topic

If AB were to make something the size of an SLC, but with the same materials as the old PLC-5. How great would it be to have something not only compact, but balls-to-the-wall bulletproof, too?

It would also be nice if they made a Logix5000 CPU that fit in the CPU slot of 1771 chassis... It would, too, be nice if they made the a controlnet scanner for SLC I/O so that a Logix CPU could control SLC I/O with controlnet. It would also be nice if they started all over again with their PC based HMI products and PV+ programming software and came out with a clean and reliable version. But what would really be nice for me right now, would be a panelview plus that was built to last and could boot up in less than $300 worth of downtime... Paul

Not sure why we're doing it-would-have-been-nice's, because none of this is ever going to happen, but.. it would have been nice if they made the CLX chassis downward-compatible with SLC 500 cards, like it was supposedly originally designed to be.

For that matter, it would be nice if the Logix5000 CPUs fit in the 1756 Chassis - that extension on some of the processor fronts just does not look right to me.

Wouldn't it be nice if ALL the Micrologix family could have online editing? It was really painful to take my waste water PLC (Micrologix 1500) down a couple of weeks ago just to change a timer preset.

I asked about that when they first came out.. was told that online editing takes a lot of "horsepower" and they couldn't fit it in to the 1500's processor slot.. I'm not sure I believe that though.. My guess is it was a turf war with the SLC 500 team :)

And then they came out with the Micrologix 1100 which you CAN ONLINE EDIT...which "looks" smaller than the 1500...lol....

should have replaced it while you had it down. death to all 1500's!!!!! Also, to avoid that next time, tie the preset to a INT register and then you can make the changes on the fly.

Can't you just change a timer preset without doing an edit? Just overtype the preset in the timer block and hit enter when you are online with the controller

Your right!!! Just double click it and type whatever you want. No online editing of rung required. See pic broelow. Edited by Mickey

DUH!!!! I knew there had to be a better way... I'll remember that for next time. Thanks Guys!