Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pimpim32

3G2C7-LK201-EV1 Cable to PLC

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. I have got a request to back-up a program from a Sysmac C28P PLC. Searching all forums everyone agrees that I will need a 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 Host Link Adaptor , also with help from Jay Antony's upload I understood what kind of cable I need from pc to host link and how to do the settings. What is unclear for me is what kind of cable I need from Host Link to PLC. I have only a picture of the PLC where I can see a horizontal port of 48 pins, as well a cover in the left. We have any peripheral port under this cover? I need to know as I have to buy a 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 but have to make sure what kind of cable I need . ( on ebay some of them have cables, others not) Thank you Marian

Yes. Peripheral port is 48pins. You need an hostlink adapter 3G2C7-LK201 mounting to this port. RS232 cable from PC to hostlink adapter, you can buy from your local Omron distributed or some where. You also make one by yourself with below diagram: (PC COM 9 pins <--> Hostlink adapter 25pins): (2 <--> 2), (3 <--> 3), (5 <--> 7). Short pin 4 & 5 on adapter side, short pin 4 & 6, 7 & 8 on PC side.
1 person likes this

The cover on the left is for access to the EPROM and the dip switches. The horizontal cover is for the connector for the Host Link or the handheld programmer. The host link can plug directly on to the front of the processor. There was a cable available to extend the connection if you could not get to the unit. You should only need the cable from the pc to the host link. Hope this will help.

Thanks all, now I understand why nobody was mentioning this cable, as the host link plug itself straight into plc. Thanks again everybody for enlightening me. Regards Marian

Ok, I see the 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 is really hard to find. What is the difference between this one and C20-LK201-EV1-U ? For example if I will get the 3G2C7-CN122 cable, can I chop it and use with other host link? Thanks Marian

3G2C7-LK201-EV1 and C20-LK201-EV1-U are the same product. They are good for the CxxK and for the C20.

Thanks Automation, I have just discovered on that site "U" stands for "Used" ... :) For the moment I will not buy anything as the customer has to make up his mind, however in all books I read up till now looks like this host link should be good also for CxxP. But if you are right hope to find out in time. Regards

Indeed, it is also good for the CxxP. The manual is in: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=215 Regards.

pimpim32, Were you ever able to find out if the other host link, C20-LK201-EV1-U, would work with your C20K? I was looking for the same host link card to communicate with my C28K processor. Thanks, Greg

Hi Greg, As I said C20-LK201-EV1-U is exactly C20-LK201-EV1, U is for used... As other guys said it has to work with C28K. But personally I cannot guarantee because I never laid my hands on it. Too expensive... Instead I got a C200H-PRO27 console together with C500-AP003 adapter from Ebay (30 bucks.. ) and copied the program line by line. My PLC was C28P Luckily they were only 80 lines All the best Marian