Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fear_me

profibus help

9 posts in this topic

first of all hello everyone! Second, I need some help with a profibus set up. The manual is very un-helpfull! does anybody know were i could get better instructions? thanks ~Andrew

I have never set up one personnally but i know a couple who have...Unfortunately it the feedback is that it is not as easy as DeviceNEt. Omron's implementation of Devicenet is the easiest to set up out of all of the manufactures. In regards to the Profibus setup however, might i suggest that you look at this thread... Profibus Master Thread - answers provided by Jay Anthony This might get you started..

We're going to need a lot more information to help you. 1. What PLC are you using? 2. What version of the PLC software? 3. What devices are you trying to connect? 4. What have you already accomplished of the setup? 5. What kind of problems are you having in what part of the setup process? Give us some more information, and we'll try to help you.

1) Omron plc - c200hx cpu64 prm21 machine# 6 2) cx-programmer 3.0 3) there will be a total of two devices, 1 master and one slave. I am connecting an IR measuring device to the plc, it will be used to measure distance. The profibuss network is all set up, it was set up by the manufacture. He was able to do that but was unable to help my program it. (he only knew allen bradly) Profibus set up in sycon software: 4) Profibus set up in plc: Machine #6 DM area: DM1600~1699 Control status area: IR160~164 Slave status area: IR200~215 set bit IR160.00 = run Move #0001 DM1600 Number of output data areas Move #0000 DM1601 Start address in the output buffer Move #1700 DM1602 Start address in the cpu Move #0016 DM1603 Size Move #0001 DM1607 Number of input data areas Move #0000 DM1608 Start address in the input buffer Move #1750 DM1609 Start address in the cpu Move #0016 DM1610 Size Move #0000 DM1614 Slave status data mapping mode Ok with all of that out of the way all I am trying to do is very somple communications. turn the pointing laser on/off, read were the machine is at, and tell it a distance that it needs to go to. bits IR162.15~15 are on telling me that the network state is in operate mode. IR162.0 is on telling me that data just transfered...what data?? IR200.02 is on telling me that the station is active IR208.2 is on telling me that a diagnostic flag is on. Ok, i understood the manual up to that point. then it started talking about som iord and iowd insturction stuff, then my mind went to ! lol Now from reading that other post my inputs are in direct relationship to the way the profibuss is set up. meaning if 2 words are needed for reading the current distance. that value should be spread accross DM 1750&1751???? ok next question how do clear or check this diagnostic flag thingy?? Thanks, Andrew

ok, found out the addressing problem, when you move the values to the correct dm areas it has to be in bcd not hex! Next problem all of my data is backwards! my lsb is my msb and my msb is my lsb! example: dm1752 = (binary)011010010000001 = 26881(dec) this is the way it should look: 0000000101101001 = 361(dec) See the difference! bits 0-7 should be first and bits 8-15 should be last. does anybody know how to fix this problem with as little code as possible?? or is there something wrong with profibus?? Thanks, Andrew

Use the MOVD instruction....     P_On              +----------+ ----[253.13]----------| MOVD(83) |                      | DM1752    |                      | #0230      |                      | DM2000    |                      +----------+ Edited by Sleepy Wombat

In omron slave cpm1a-prt01 ther is a dip switch that change the format try to find it in your slave.

Thanks everyone for your help! After hours of phone support there is two ways to fix this problem. You can use sleepy wombat's way and use the movd instruction, or in the software that you use to set upt the profibus configuration there should be a setting to change the word format: there are two choices, motorola or intel. one will give the problem i was haveing and the other will arrange the word correctly. ~Andrew

Your welcome.... :-p Thank you for posting the solution once you found it..