Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

Devicenet and CX-Integrator

8 posts in this topic

Hi ! It is my first aplication using devicenet. My network will have more slaves. Now I want to start communication with just one V1000 with DeviceNet option card. I connected directly PLC with V1000 using Devicenet cable. Will I establish connection? - I do not have any external supply to the devicenet cable & I do not have any resistor at the end? I prepared devicenet network with my devices: When I try to download parameters to the slave or even NSJW-DRM21 I get message Device state conflict. I am online with NSJ5 via USB cable. What I am doing wrong? Thanks Pawel

You need 24VDC power on DeviceNet, give NSJ (1 for example) and V1000 (2 for example) different node addresses. In V1000 manual you find on whitch address is parameter. I use DeviceNet offen and for simple application with Omron components I don't use Cx-Integrator,only give diferent node address on slaves. In thet case input word is on adress 33xx, and output is on 32xx. Best regards

the fact that you get a device state conflict is because the PLC has to be in program mode in order to download the table. one way to set up the Devicenet is to give all nodes different addresses (I like to give the PLC address 63 and the slaves 0 upwards) then you can upload the network and assign all the slaves to the master you like. I use inverters quite a lot with the control remote I/O + inputs, so I have 9 input bytes and 8 output bytes. I then assign the first inverter (node 0) at adresses 3200 and 3800 and the next to 3205 and 3805 to keep my in and outputs symmetric. So I don't use the 3204 word at all. If I have a sliced I/O block, I start at address 20 and I start at 3300 and 3900, where I keep 10 words free (this gives me 160 outputs and 144 inputs on that sliced I/O) you can take more if you think of using analog in/out or really many digital I/O If you build yourself such a structure it is easier to read the different softwares.

Thanks for clue and advises. I have connection and and I see slave. The only question is. The message in window Result: WARNING..... Look below. What can be the reason of that? Thanks Pawel

is the topology of the network we can see on the PC the same as in reality? If so try uploading each component separately to check where the error comes from. beegee

Hi ! Yes this is real network topology. I am not sure what you mean "upload" each component separately - if you mean "upload" option as below at the picture - I did it for each devicnet component being online (upload was active). Nothing helped. The message: "Warning - Comms Error ocurred during mode code read..." shows every time when I am getting online. At least it is just warning and nothing wrong happens. I am just curious what is the reason of that. Thanks Pawel

Could it be CX-Integrator does not recognise the model and you need to update CPS files? (Component Profile Sheet I believe)